We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
The Cultivation Tech I position performs manual labor to assist in the upkeep, stocking, and fulfillment of growing medicinal cannabis, including, but not limited to; watering, feeding, flushing, pruning, washing, cloning, and transplanting under the supervision of the Cultivation Supervisor. Attention to detail is extremely important. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a tightly controlled, state regulated system and timelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Including but not limited to sowing, thinning, weeding, transplanting, moving plants, watering, applications, potting, harvesting, cleaning, post-harvest processing, shipping and loading
- General duties around the nursery as they relate to the upkeep of the nursery
- Knowledge of growing techniques, including; Germination, Cloning, and Transplantation
- Plant pests and other perils, with a keen eye for spotting issues before they become a problem
- Follow SOPs and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Manage marijuana plants, giving each individual plant the attention, it needs
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment Ability to execute techniques consistently
- Compliance with worker protection standards (WPS) Create/update documentation as required
- Ability to work effectively and in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas
- Must be able to work in an environment of safety culture
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Ability to manage time against the daily plan
- Attention to detail with an understanding of Quality Standards
- Takes direction, organized, and detail-oriented with good judgement in raising issues to leadership
- Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person with good communication skills
- Must be a dexterous, adaptable individual
- Basic computer skills (i.e. using email, task-related platforms, Microsoft Office)
- Able to work efficiently and accurately
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The employee will be expected to work inside in a controlled warehouse/Cultivation and growing atmosphere and must have suitable clothing. In addition, employees are required to follow GMP and Quality standards in terms of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as hair nets, beard nets, respirators, shoe covers, lab coats, etc. as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands include bending, stooping, standing and using stairs to enter/exit the work area.
The employee must be ability to lift up to 65 pounds and be able to maneuver between growing tables that are 24 inches apart. The employee must also be able to repeatedly carry 15-20 pounds the length of warehouse/Cultivation.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. through 4:45 p.m. (hours are subject to change). The employee may be asked to work weekends as needed.
No travel is expected with this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Basic math skills
- High School Diploma
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree or other formal education in Horticulture
- Prior nursery, landscaping, and/or agricultural experience
- Experience in medical cannabis industry or other alternative healthcare organizations is highly desirable
- Any technical certifications
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Per Florida statute, a registered caregiver in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry (MMUR) must not be employed by a medical marijuana treatment center or a marijuana testing laboratory, like MedMen. Fl. Statutes 381.986 Sec.6. A registered caregiver can relinquish the role of registered caregiver at any time.