Cultivation Technician I – MedMen – Orlando, FL
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you’ll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
The Cultivation Technician I performs manual labor to assist in the upkeep, stocking, and fulfillment of growing medicinal cannabis, including, but not limited to; watering, feeding, flushing, pruning, washing, cloning, and transplanting under the supervision of the Cultivation Manager. Attention to detail is extremely important. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a tightly controlled, state-regulated system and timelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sowing, thinning, weeding, transplanting, moving plants, watering, applications, potting, shipping, and loading.
- General duties around the nursery as they relate to the upkeep of the nursery.
- Knowledge of growing techniques, including; Germination, Cloning, and Transplantation.
- Plant pests and other perils, with a keen eye for spotting issues before they become a problem.
- Follow GMP protocols and follow Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs)
- Manage marijuana plants, giving each individual plant the attention it needs.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Ability to execute techniques consistently
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately.
- Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person with good communication skills.
- Must be a dexterous, adaptable individual.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The employee will be expected to work inside in a controlled warehouse/greenhouse and growing atmosphere and must have suitable clothing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be able to lift up to 65 pounds and be able to maneuver between growing tables that are 24 inches apart. The employee must also be able to repeatedly carry 15-20 pounds the length of warehouse/greenhouse.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. (Hours are subject to change) The employee may be asked to work weekends as needed.
No travel is expected with this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Basic math skills.
- High school Diploma
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or horticultural, Technical Certification preferred
- Prior nursery, landscaping, and/or agricultural experience.
- Experience in the medical cannabis industry or other alternative healthcare organizations is highly desirable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively and in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas.
- Must be able to work in a safety aware environment.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position does not approve visa requirements, H1-B sponsorship, special clearances, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.