Cansortium Inc is a vertically integrated cultivator, processor, formulator, and retailer of Premium Cannabis Products currently operating in Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas as Fluent Cannabis, as well as in Michigan through its in-market partner. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for individuals who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions towards our goals as a leader in the medical cannabis industry.
Find out more at www.getfluent.com. Follow us on LinkedIn.
The Cultivation Tech II position supports, measures, and guides the daily and weekly cultivation operations in the stocking and upkeep of a medical cannabis production facility. Cultivation department activities may span the entire production cycle of the plant, from propagation through harvest. The ideal candidate will excel as a team leader within a medical grade horticultural environment, where attention to detail is extremely important, and the work is fast paced, physically demanding, and highly regulated. Duties are completed individually and in small teams, under the indirect supervision of area leads and Cultivation Supervisors. The position is structured with a required training program and expected function.
Cultivation Technician II
All candidates must be able to work in an environment with a safety culture. Extended periods of standing, bending, reaching, and high dexterity functions are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not limited to:
- Training and guiding other team members on proper protocols and methods
- Maintaining the labor and crop cycle timelines set by management
- Capturing and reporting data and metrics from environments and activities
- Ensuring quality of work is consistently achieved
- Coordinating work patterns and directives from leads
- Maintaining working inventory of necessary equipment for tasks
- Ensuring crop scheduled events are completed and documented
- Taking direction, staying organized, and keeping detail-oriented with good judgement
- Participating individually and in small teams for general cultivation duties, such as pruning, training, transplanting, moving plants, watering, applications, potting, harvesting, sanitation of equipment, post-harvest processing, and other general duties around the cultivation as they relate to the upkeep of plant health and production
- Collaborating effectively with coworkers when assigned group work, and maintain a culture of continuous improvement as a cohesive team
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment
- Maintaining ability to execute techniques consistently
- Maintaining compliance with worker protection standards (WPS)
- Inputting documentation as required
- Following state and company guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Agricultural Collection Practices (GACP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Completing coursework designated in the “Fluent Sessions” training program
- Experience in plant production systems and techniques
- Detail-oriented, trustworthy, problem solving, math skills, and computer skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, MS Outlook
- Able to accurately follow multi-layered written/oral instructions
- Ability to work both in a team and independently with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Plant Biology and Horticulture
- Communications Proficiency
- Basic Math Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Process Improvement
- Results Driven
- Technical Capacity and Aptitude
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
- Positive Attitude
The employee will be expected to work inside in a cultivation and growing atmosphere and must follow GMP and GACP Quality standards. Use of mechanized equipment in warehouse environments should be expected.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands include bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, walking, standing and using stairs to enter/exit the work area. The employee must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to maneuver between growing spaces that are 24 inches apart. The employee must also be able to repeatedly carry 15-20 pounds the length of warehouse/cultivation facility.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 4: p.m (hours are subject to change). The employee may be asked to work weekends as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
- Must pass a drug screening.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Basic math skills and science skills
- High School Diploma
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Assosicates or Bachelors Degree, or other formal education in Horticulture, Plant Science, Botany, etc.
- Prior nursery, landscaping, and/or agricultural experience
- Experience in medical cannabis industry or other alternative healthcare organizations
- Any technical or professional trade certifications
No travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The company will ask you to help out in other departments depending on company needs. This means that you may not always work in the department that you were hired, teamwork and getting product out to patients is the goal and this means helping out where you are needed is crucial to your success as well as the company’s success.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time-off program and non-matching 401k plan.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cultivation: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location