Cultivation Technician III – MedMen – Orlando, FL
At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
The Cultivation Technician III (Flower Lead) position leads, plans and carries out cultivation activities alongside the Cultivation Supervisor (Flower) and Cultivation Manager as it relates specifically to the production of flower. This individual leads Cultivation Technicians I and II to execute production plans as well as all necessary crop maintenance and record keeping. The Cultivation Technician III (Flower Lead) leads in a hands-on fashion with the production of flower, by performing tasks including, but not limited to: irrigating, fertilizing, spraying, drenching, pruning, defoliating, and harvesting, as well as documenting all cultivation inputs, under the supervision of the Cultivation Supervisor (Flower). The Cultivation Technician III works closely with peers to ensure alignment on production plans by means of effective planning and communication. Attention to detail is extremely important as is thorough and organized record keeping and communication. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a tightly controlled, state regulated system to drive quality and meet aggressive timelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Transplanting, pruning, defoliating, and trellising
- Formulating, mixing, handling, and applying additives such as fertilizers and agricultural chemicals
- Close monitoring of all environmental inputs to the crop
- Regular maintenance of all cultivation supplies and equipment
- Maintain accurate inventory of plants as well as supplies and equipment
- Familiarity with plant pests and pathogens with a keen eye for identifying potential issues before they arise
- Adherence to Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GAPs)
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment at all times with adherence to all sanitary protocols
- Ability to lead by example and yield consistent results
- Communication proficiency
- Time management
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Record keeping, including mandated state “Seed-to-Sale” software and internal ERP system
- Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Able to work efficiently and accurately
- Flexible, collaborative, team-oriented person with good communication skills
- Must be a dexterous, proactive, and adaptable individual
This position supervises the Flower team; Cultivation Technicians I and II.
The employee will be expected to work inside in a controlled warehouse/greenhouse growing environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud and work spaces are often tight. Regular exposure to extreme weather conditions, agricultural chemicals, fertilizers, and pollen can be expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be ability to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to maneuver between growing tables that are 24″ apart. The employee must also be able to repeatedly carry 15-20 pounds the length of warehouse/greenhouse. Other demands include reaching, working with hands above head, bending over for extended periods of time, extensive walking, and working in tight spaces.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. Work hours are subject to change depending on production needs. The employee may be asked to work overtime (including weekends) as needed.
No travel is expected with this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture or related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment
Preferred Education and Experience
Prior experience in commercial production horticulture/agriculture is highly desirable
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team setting
- Must be able to work in a safety aware environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.