Provides on-site cultivation for one or more gardens. Completes tasks assigned by the Cultivation Manager to monitor and maintain plant production and health. Maintains quality control measures to ensure a high-quality product. Maintain organization, cleanliness, and efficiency of the production area. Carry out day-to-day plant care including watering, pruning, harvesting, and trimming. Monitor and maintain plant production and quality control measures in accordance with the Department of Health Office of Compassionate Use regulations and standards set by Florida law and Company policies and procedures.
Night Shift Schedule Options:
Tuesday – Saturday (6 p.m. – 2:30 a.m.)
Sunday – Thursday (6 p.m – 2:30 a.m.)
- Responsible for measuring and mixing nutrient and plant applications, and applying these mixtures according to the Company policy.
- Document according to the Company policy the application of all nutrients and/or substances applied to any plant located within the cultivation facility.
- Ensure plant health by pruning, topping, trimming, analyzing plant health according to Department requirements and Company policy.
- Assist Cultivation facility manager with the rotation of strains throughout the cultivation facility to ensure variety and quantity for AltMed locations.
- Act as a resource for staff regarding plant care and strain identification.
- Monitor and maintain plant production and quality control measures in accordance with Department requirements and standards set by the Company policies.
- Perform all assigned duties required to ensure a clean and safe facility.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all cultivation equipment and tools including light reflectors, containers, mixing tools, application tools, and ventilation equipment.
- Follow all employee hygiene requirements in Company and facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the facility manager with tracking plants from birth to harvest by ensuring proper and accurate documentation of applicable cultivation activities.
- Other responsibilities and duties assigned by the Cultivation Manager.
- Two years of general cultivation experience.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a Science discipline preferred.
- Any satisfactory combination of experience and training which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform plant cultivation duties.
- Knowledge of horticulture.
- Ability to do ladder work, stand, sit, kneel, and lift equipment or plants up to 75 pounds for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Ability to work in Windows-based software and applications.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a level II background check.
AltMed Florida offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, personal time off and holiday pay.
AltMed Florida is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that AltMed Florida does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, AltMed Florida will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Cultivation: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Apollo Beach, FL (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off