Position: Demand Planner
Job Department: Planning
Reports to: Master Planner
We are searching for a talented Demand Planner to ensure our company’s operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective. You will assist in all demand planning duties including estimating future product demand, analyzing inventory flow, and developing forecast models.
To succeed in this role, you should be professional, highly-analytical, and possess excellent communication skills. The successful candidate should also have an in-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and forecasting policies.
- Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns.
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities.
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy.
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management.
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies.
- Conduct monthly forecast S&OP cycle.
- Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify opportunities to meet customer demands during constrained supply.
- Maintain demand planning processes and systems to improve forecasting accuracy
- Identify areas of improvements and recommend action plans.
Must be able to pass a Level 2 background screening
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, supply chain or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a demand planning/forecasting role.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Capability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid ability to manage database and analytics as central point to information
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the essential functions of the job described. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and its requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40 – 55 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
We are an EOE company