Demand Planner – Trulieve – Midway, FL
If you have an interest in being part of one of the fastest growing industries in the nation and in our own state, Florida, you may consider wanting to work for Trulieve! If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
Our products are designed to alleviate seizures, severe and persistent muscle spasms, pain, nausea, loss of appetite, and other symptoms associated with serious medical conditions such as cancer.
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
Our specially-trained staff works hand-in-hand with physicians to provide the right products and the correct dosage to ensure patients get the compassionate care they need.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website;
The business is a “blue-collar” manufacturing based operations oriented workplace and the ideal candidate will have experience working in a like or similar environment.
This Demand Planning position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for their customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources. The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and operations organization. This position leads the dialogue each week for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales, Marketing and Operations.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and operations to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Operations to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
Create statistical forecasts:
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Execute statistical modeling software
- Review the resulting statistical forecast model
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
- Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
Review sales plans, Latest Estimates, and demand drivers:
- Present, solicit and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales, and marketing
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Review promotional plans with sales
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing, and operations:
- Prepare relevant material to facilitate research and discussion
- Provide input to volume planning (Latest Estimates / annual process)
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
Maintain the demand planning system and software:
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to the demand planning process
- A customer demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer demand.
- Improved relationships among planners, sales, marketing and operations, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
- Refined systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
- Execute with excellence in the area of customer replenishment and feedback to the Supply Chain group the opportunities and risks regarding customer replenishment performance metrics.
Required Education / Experience / Specific Job-related Skills
- Two to Three years of experience in the manufacturing supply chain industry.
- BA/BS college degree or its equivalent. MBA preferred.
- APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred
Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Knowledge of SAP/APO, Manugistics, or Oracle Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning is preferred.
Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office. This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas, and levels of business affecting the forecast process. Good facilitation skills are required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience; compensation for this role is up to $70K. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 40 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.
We are an EOE company