Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Director of Cultivation is responsible for managing the day-to-day cultivation operations. Provides leadership and oversight for the cultivation department, including training, Standard Operating Procedures maintenance, and industry news.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Ensure highest quality crop yields across all aspects of the growing cycle while utilizing sustainable agriculture best practice
- Establish key cultivation metrics – including nutrition, irrigation, IPM program and an advanced knowledge of organic products – and ensure targets are achieved
- Manage all phases of cultivation (growing, fertigation, IPM, harvest)
- Maintain and enforces a culture of compliance for all cultivation activities with strict adherence to the Florida Statues for a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center, as well as regulations set forth by local, state and federal agencies such as OSHA
- Maintain best in class practices set by Surterra
- Be an effective and collaborative partner to ensure successful production of end products
- Lead and motivate team of developing cultivation talent.
- Ensure implementation and effectiveness of all systems and routines throughout the cultivation process
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and ensure continuous improvement
- Partner with cross functional leads to drive innovation and ensure ongoing asset protection protocols are in place and followed
- Travel within the state of Florida as needed
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture/Agriculture or comparable experience in greenhouse and indoor operations
- 3-5 years’ experience growing in Florida-like climate using organic approved controls
- 3-5 years’ experience with hydroponic growing systems – coconut coir growing media and flood/drip irrigation systems
- Working knowledge of advanced growing systems – automated control of greenhouse environment
- Proven success implementing high production processes and procedures
- Multi-year experience in managing high volume production operations
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills and possessed a strong work ethic
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills
- Must be goal and task oriented; handles stress professionally
- Exceptional decision-making capabilities, able to solve problems holistically
- Superior conflict management and human resources principles and practices
- Proven success of process improvement techniques
- Must be organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Sustainable Agriculture Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Business Acumen
- Excellent oral and Written Communication
- Ability to work in indoor and Greenhouse environments.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Consistent attention to detail for 10+ hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. unassisted and up to 80 lbs. assisted.
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.