Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
The Director, Facility Construction oversees all construction for Cultivation, Extraction, Processing, Manufacturing and Packaging facilities. In partnership with the Director, Retail Construction, this role will manage the capital projects portfolio for all Parallel facilities. Success in this role can be measured by complete and successful implementation of Oracle Annex as well as the associated project control components to develop a robust Construction Management system to support accelerated growth over the next 5 years. Additionally, this role will lead the in-house Construction Project Managers, interfacing with the EPCM contractors and the General Contractors for projects spanning multiple states.
If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges, and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere.
- Design and implement enhanced safety and oversight metrics for the Facility Construction team
- Develop and rollout standardized bidding and on-boarding practices for enterprise and market construction projects
- Formalize Parallel’s Diversity in Contracting program
- Design and implement the Oracle Aconex system, including project controls and cost modules, in conjunction with an assigned company (Aconex) consultant
- Design, implement and formalize all department workflows
- Work with Operations and Compliance leaders to identify the critical skills, knowledge and regulatory certifications Production employees need to do their jobs
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Business, Engineering or other filed relevant to Construction. Post-graduate Master’s degree in Engineering and/or Construction Management preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in Design/Build Construction Engineering and Management
- Previous program management experience with a minimum of at least 50 concurrent projects. Multi-geographical experience is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and understanding of the following: Stage Gate Processes for project adoption, development and execution, GMP Projects, EPCM Project Delivery, Triple-net sale/leaseback transactions and reimbursement requirements, Oracle Aconex, Oracle P6, Cost control and financial management analysis of ETC/EAC and program roll-up resource loaded schedules, management of conditional and unconditional lien releases, OSHA safety standards, project design standards and specifications, and standardized equipment installation
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Enjoy design and facilitation
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Ability to navigate construction sites and generally inaccessible locations
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.