Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Director, Leadership Development and Performance is responsible for making sure that every one of our employees, regardless of what area of the company they work in, has access to experiences that help them develop new skills and grow as a professional. In other words, lead our efforts to ensure Parallel is a place where people consistently grow to be more than they ever thought they could be.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Define Parallel’s “leadership journey” including the critical skills employees need at various stages of their careers (leadership and functional)
- Own the Parallel Leadership Model; learn it, bring it to life across the company and continuously improve it to reflect best practice and organizational need
- Build and align the organization behind a multi-year strategy for developing the programs and infrastructure needed to help employees develop those critical skills
- Establish and grow strong relationships with senior leaders across the company, including enrolling them as role models and advocates of Parallel’s leadership model
- Drive development of dynamic, effective programs to build strong leadership skills (in partnership with our leaders and Learning Experience Designers)
- Drive development of “functional schools” that help employees build deep expertise in different areas of the cannabis industry (in partnership with our leaders and Learning Experience Designers)
- Develop a framework to assess and measure the impact of Parallel’s development programs on participants and the business
- Successfully implement Parallel’s portfolio of development programs in a way that results in long-term sustainable commitment and success
- Stay relevant; keep up with trends in learning, human behavior, design and technology to help develop the most impactful learning experiences
- 7+ years’ experience in human design-centered roles (learning/training, organizational development/effectiveness, change management, user experience design, instructional design, etc.)
- Extensive experience designing, developing, and delivering learning and/or leadership development programs
- Experience working with, becoming a trusted partner to and coaching senior leaders in a cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Strong understanding of how people learn and how to drive long-term, sustainable behavior change in a professional environment
- Prior experience in Retail, Manufacturing and/or Health and Wellness companies preferred, but not required
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Aren’t scared by big ambition; we aim high (go big or go home)
- Earn trust and build credibility with people at all levels
- Can get people aligned; influencing without authority is critical
- Work fast and are flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.