Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) (“Curaleaf”) is a leading U.S. provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a vertically integrated, high-growth cannabis operator known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 106 dispensaries, 22 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 4,600 team members across the United States. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted In Good Diversity, Equity, Inclusion + Social Equity + Sustainability Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us, and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities.
We educate. We advocate. We give.
As a member of the senior management team, the Director of Operations will be responsible for coaching and managing the manufacturing and logistics team and closely communicating with the Regional Dispensary Manager and Wholesale Supply Chain Manager to assure effective and efficient manufacturing operations, an optimum dispensary product mix, proper inventory levels in the dispensaries and seamless logistics for wholesale customers. The Director of Operations will work closely with the Director of Cultivation, the Regional District Sales Manager and the Corporate manufacturing team.
The Director of Operations will be responsible for directing manufacturing and logistics activities to assure that Curaleaf delivers high quality products while maintaining the most efficient product cost structure. The Director of Operations is accountable for meeting production demand that supports Corporate top line revenue while improving efficiency to bottom line growth. This position is responsible for all day-to-day manufacturing operations, including purchasing, production planning, manufacturing and shipping of quality products with continuous quality and process improvements to ensure attainment of operational goals, tactics, and priorities that drive business results with a focus on quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage (hands-on) all day to day aspects of manufacturing operations, oversee scheduling, capital equipment maintenance, training, production planning and logistics
- Work with the sales team to understand product demand, growth and trends, convert this information to a functional manufacturing forecast
- Review production and scheduling plans to ensure they align with the product forecast
- Manage key vendor relationships, maintain inventory levels of key manufacturing components and facilitate the flow of raw material from cultivation to manufacturing
- Ensure compliance with all manufacturing SOPs, review processing metrics and work to improve efficiency. Ensure quality assurance standards and metrics are maintained
- Work with the corporate team to facilitate commercialization of new products in the local market
- Maintain a strong presence in the field to effectively coach and support manufacturing teams
- Ensure manufacturing environments are brand appropriate (i.e. positive, reassuring, energetic, encouraging, educational and welcoming)
- Ensure operational priorities, processes and procedures are communicated and understood
- Assure the cost-effective manufacturing of quality pharma-grade product
- Responsible for and working closely with the Director of Cultivation, Regional District Sales Manager and the Corporate manufacturing team, in the planning of all CAPEX projects
- Responsible for the successful coordination and execution of all capital improvement projects
- Communicate often and effectively with Retail and Wholesale Sales Teams to continually educate manufacturing crew regarding product knowledge and brand initiatives
- Partner with Compliance Team to monitor and maintain proper manufacturing compliance controls with all federal/state regulations
- Develop protocols with bill of materials and standard costing for ERP implementation
- Lead production and operational management teams ensuring collaboration and cross-departmental efficiencies.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day operations to ensure no interruptions in production.
- Maintain a strong presence to effectively coach and support our cultivation and processing teams.
- Ensure manufacturing environments are brand appropriate (i.e. positive, reassuring, energetic, encouraging, educational and welcoming).
- Ensure operational priorities, processes and procedures are communicated and understood.
- Assure the cost-effective manufacturing of quality pharma-grade product.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, chemistry or related field required. Master’s degree preferred
- Supervised 25 or more associates in an FDA controlled, SQF or cGMP production environment
- Experience in the medical cannabis industry not required, but a plus
- A high-touch, credible, hands on, visible leader with instant credibility and inspiring to the team
- Demonstrated track record in team building and driving operational efficiencies
- 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing and logistics; bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Lean manufacturing or six sigma knowledge a plus
- Outstanding people skills, organizational skills and a passionate leadership style
- Start-up experience, a plus
- Team player with the ability to gain consensus through collaboration and open dialogue
- A sense of urgency, high energy, and hands-on approach
- Ability to pass a background check. Current Driver’s license required
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Curaleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.