We own and operate best-in-class, licensed cannabis facilities throughout the US and provide investors with diversified industry exposure. We target vertically integrated cannabis operating companies in high growth markets and ensure operators are focused on building leading regional market share. We implement expandable, replicable initiatives across multiple operations positioning our companies for growth. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
The Director of Operations reports directly to the Senior Director of Manufacturing, Lake Wales, FL.
The Director of Operations is responsible for planning, implementation and directing of manufacturing activities at their site. Planning revolves around the development of long- and short-term company goals, while implementation and direction of manufacturing activities ensure that these goals are met.
Provide the direction, development, execution and ongoing performance of the program to:
- Engage with partner organizations to ensure forward planning,
- Assure timely, on-budget delivery of programs to meet stakeholder needs,
- Increase plant uptime, efficiency and throughput, product quality and cost,
- Extending the useful life of infrastructure, plant, equipment, and process,
- Identify ongoing improvements in existing or future operations to optimize business results,
- Direct and lessen ongoing capex and opex $s and thereby, with all of the above, improving return on capital.
- Carry out proactive maintenance program across all site functions.
- Maintain facilities and equipment, parts, MRO, spare parts lifecycle, vendors, inventory management program, documentation, systems, and operations.
- Carry out the collection and maintenance of programs, KPIs/metrics, and reports to ensure process operating performance, ongoing improvements, risk identification, visibility and closed-loop learning (e.g., training) that result in improved reliability, capacity, efficiency, productivity, uptime, and safety.
- Ensure standard, consistent and sound cultivation, extraction and packaging procedures and practices are used for all Production Department tasks.
- Manage the manufacturing plan to ensure scheduling and production fulfill company requirements. Ensure product supply is sufficient, quality is high, and that appropriate inventory levels are maintained.
- Ensure a safe work environment and a culture that embraces safe work habits, understanding of the risks, compliance with regulations, and prioritizing corrective action of any identified safety hazards or risks
- Ensure that Production Areas are clean and organized at all times.
- Ensure Team Members have the tools, knowledge, and equipment required to do their jobs.
- Exceed customer expectations when delivering services, products, and information to other departments and external customers.
- Manage policies in material usage, capacity planning, production methods, and employee relations to enhance operation efficiency.
Management reserves the right to assign other job duties as necessary. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Serving as a company brand ambassador and training team members to represent the brand appropriately
- Following and implementing the company’s core values including respect, diversity, sustainability, research, and service
- Adhering to the company’s cultural principles of collaboration, innovation, and accountability
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Plant Sciences, Chemistry, Business Management, Horticulture or related degree, or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years in the cannabis industry managing manufacturing and production operations
- Should have at least 5 years of overall manufacturing experience
- Leading and managing both manufacturing associates and highly technical personnel
- Including demonstrated experience with multiple product launches, and fast pace product transitions insignificant size organization or with start-up environments
- Overcoming the challenges of manufacturing; providing innovative solutions to those challenges
- Knowledge of complex data management tools, statistical process control performance.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees and assisting with planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provides regular performance feedback and coaching to direct reports including reviews.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, plant biology, physiology, biological sciences, or agricultural sciences is preferred
Physical and Environmental Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to the elements, variations in temperature/humidity, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
10% travel is expected for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GrowHealthy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GrowHealthy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GrowHealthy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.