Supports the Dispensary Manager with all aspects of dispensary operations, including coaching and developing the store team that delivers the Company retail promise to valid customers. Serves as a Dispensary Manager in training with the ability to do all functions, as directed and authorized by Dispensary Manager. Operates the store in the absence of Dispensary Manager.
- Previous experience in retail sales management required.
- Thorough understanding of state and local medical Cannabis laws and regulations, and how they apply to the operations of the Company is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment while demonstrating excellent oral and written communication skills is required.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and time management abilities.
- Proficiency in Windows-based and other software and Internet navigation.
- Understands and assist the Dispensary Manager with weekly and monthly sales information.
- Assists the Dispensary Manager with employee schedules and managing employee work hours and vacation request.
- Assist with the conduction of training of all new employees as well as the re-training of existing employees when needed.
- Motivates and works together with Dispensary Manager and employees to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Assists in conducting employee evaluations.
- Informs employees of new updates and general developments in the Company.
- Supports the Dispensary Managers in evaluating applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with human resources; interviewing applicants on a consistent set of criteria.
- Helps ensure that inventory is adequate and helps manage inventory properly by becoming versed in the use of the Inventory Control System and Electronic Verification System.
- Promotes a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established company policies and procedures.
- Supports the Dispensary Manager by monitoring the activities of the store employees to maximize efficiency, minimize errors.
- Strives to become familiar and proficient at all other tasks and duties of the Dispensary manager, as listed on that Job Description.
- Assist Dispensary Manager with regular and random inventory counts of medical Cannabis, ancillary products, and dispensing supplies.
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling expectations by supervising Dispensary a minimum of 40 hours per week, including weekend, evening, and holiday shifts.
- Supervises Dispensary MedTenders during Dispensary Manager’s absence or when directed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dispensary Manager, including filling in as Patient Coordinator, or MedTender, as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a level II background check.
AltMed Floridaoffers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, personal time off and holiday pay.
AltMed Florida is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that AltMed Florida does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, AltMed Florida will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $42,500.00 /year
- Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Lakeland, FL (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects