Dispensary Assistant Manager – Curaleaf – Orange Park, FL
Summary The Dispensary Assistant Manager is responsible for developing, documenting and implementing practices, policies, and strategies that support a performance and results-driven culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains highest level of presentation, customer service, and compassion to all patients.
- Responsible for managing the dispensary department in a manner that supports the organizations mission as defined by the Regional Dispensary Operations Manager (RDOM).
- Assists in managing the dispensary department in a manner that supports the organizations mission as defined by the RDOM.
- Provide departmental leadership to assure that all departmental operations such as admissions, patient consulting, product dispensing, cash management, inventory management, inventory auditing, outreach, marketing and ordering are functioning with integrity and in the most cost efficient, compassionate and compliant manner.
- Responsible for ensuring vigilance, adherence and departmental compliance with the DOH’s Office of Medical Marijuana Use and HIPPA regulations including but not limited to confidentiality, training, patient record keeping, submissions of reports, preparation of policies and procedures, acting as a departmental contact person for regulators and law enforcement personnel.
- Assists in reviewing, maintaining and updating all departmental SOP’s and assuring that any changes are communicated to employees and the most recent SOP versions are available 24/7 for planned and unplanned audits by regulators and organization management.
- Assists in training, supervising and evaluating all departmental employees to assure compliance with departmental SOP’s.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring cash management procedures are being followed including, transacting, opening, closing, depositing, reporting, maintaining and reconciling cash with BioTrack and all departmental SOP’s – while the manager on duty.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring dispensing procedures are happening in compliance with State Regulations including admissions, verification of patient’s eligibility, allotment of available medicines, entering patient data into the state registry, BioTrack and any other database required.
- Stays informed and knowledgeable about state and local laws, regulations and industry news
- Other ad-hoc assignments as requested by the Dispensary Manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates ‘Degree in business, management, or related areas
- Experience working in a heavily regulated industry
- 2-3 years in progressively responsible retail experience, including at least three years in a management position
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Work may require prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a cash register, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus. Requires lifting up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- retail management: 2 years (Preferred)
- retail: 2 years (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)