Manages the day-to-day operations of a Dispensary facility following Florida’s Department of Public and Behavioral Health, Department of Health and Human Services, regulations, and AltMed Florida’s standards and policies and procedures. Provides support for all agents at the facility, including monitoring agent health and attendance, scheduling, training, policy and procedure updates, industry news, and product information. Responsible for Managing all aspects of store operations, including security for the building and personnel, cash handling, product tracking/reporting in the facility’s Inventory Control System (ICS), patient records maintenance in the facility’s internal Electronic Verification System (EVS), security during transport of product, loss prevention, sales reporting, product/supplies purchases, internal controls oversight, asset management, payroll, and facility compliance, maintenance, and cleanliness. Ensures staff coaching and develops the store team and delivers the Company’s retail promise. The Dispensary Manager is the critical link between the retail fields and the Central Management Team.
- Communicate the Dispensary’s sales information to management.
- Create a monthly work schedule; revise and update the facility’s shift schedules as needed, based on known absences and unique needs to ensure full coverage of operations by Dispensary staff.
- Conduct and oversee the training of all new employees as well as the retraining of existing employees as needed.
- Motivate and work together with employees to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Administer and document employee evaluations.
- Inform employees of new updates and general developments in the company.
- Review and approve dispensary payroll, including authorizing changes in shift hours and verifying accuracy of time cards.
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with HR; interviewing applicants based on a consistent set of criteria.
- Ensure that inventory is adequate and manage inventory properly through timely entries in the Dispensary’s ICS.
- Ensure all client and agent information and sales/purchase information is timely and accurately entered into the VS system developed by the Department, which is cross-checked to entries in the ICS to assure product movement accuracy. All such information is to be maintained confidentially following Department regulations and policies and procedures.
- Promotes a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established company policies and procedures.
- Monitor the activities of store employees to maximize efficiency, minimize errors.
- Respond to all patient complaints, requests, concerns, or suggestions and take action when necessary to resolve conflicts.
- Provide superior customer service for patients, caregivers, and vendors.
- Oversee orders and deliveries to ensure accurate order information and timeliness of deliveries.
- Serves as a knowledgeable resource for Dispensary staff concerning product characteristics and efficacy, facility and Company policies and procedures, existing laws and regulations, changes in regulations, and industry news.
- Delegates tasks to facility employees to maintain a compliant and clean Dispensary facility.
- Coordinates with Central Management Team to ensure accurate information is communicated to the staff and that suggestions for facility/process improvements are considered for implementation.
- Other responsibilities and duties assigned by the Manager of Retail Operations.
- At least 3-5 years of retail management experience required.
- Thorough understanding of state and local medical Cannabis laws and regulations, and how they apply to the operations of the Company is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment while demonstrating excellent oral and written communication skills is required.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and time management abilities.
- Proficiency in Windows-based and other software and Internet navigation.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a level II background check.
AltMed Florida is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that AltMed Florida does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, AltMed Florida will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Level II Background Check
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Retail management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible