Job Title: Dispensary Manager
Reporting to: Regional Vice President
FLSA Status Exempt
The Dispensary Manager manages the day to day operations of an assigned store, following Florida’s Department of Public and Behavioral Health, Department of Health and Human Services, regulations, and VidaCann policies and procedures. This position manages all aspects of store operations, including security for the building and personnel, cash handling, product tracking/reporting, patient records maintenance, security during transport of product, loss prevention, sales reporting, product/supplies purchases, internal control oversight, and facility maintenance and cleanliness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of store operations, including product inventory, sales, patient records, internal controls and processes, and facility maintenance and cleanliness.
- Ensure the proper inventory, tracking and security of all dispensary products.
- Supervise dispensary employees, including providing coaching, training, and managing employee performance. Create work schedules and ensure appropriate shift coverage for dispensary operations.
- Ensure strict controls and processes are in place for product, cash, and patient data.
- Support all marketing and sales efforts of the company to ensure sales goals are met.
- Ensure exceptional customer service and assistance is provided to customers.
- Recruit, interview and hire qualified candidates in order to maintain proper store staffing.
- Ensure new employees receive sufficient training, and current employees are retrained as needed.
- Ensure the proper utilization of the state’s Medical Marijuana Use Registry (MMUR) in dispensing product to customers.
- Dispense medication and collect payment via POS register (cash, debit, etc).
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established company policies and procedures.
- Stay current with latest industry and product knowledge.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a “Key-Holding” Assistant Manager of a retail or restaurant establishment with 20 or more employees
- Medical, pharmaceutical, or related background preferred
- Able to work required retail hours and schedule
- Able and willing to work in a busy and hectic retail environment
- Excellent work history with verifiable references
- Bilingual desired but not required
- 21 years or older
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass drug testing and Level 2 Florida State background check
- Ability and willingness to abide by all safety related policies and practices
- Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team-player and leader with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic and tactful manner.
- Analytical Problem-Solving & Decision Making – able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk and short-term and long-term impact.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule and organize professional schedule to achieve strategic goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software – basic to intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
Skill Requirements: (Required for job)
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Verbal communication
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Written communication
- Retrieve and compile information
- Public speaking/group presentations
- Maintain records/logs
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Verify data and information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Leadership and supervisory, managing people
- Operate office equipment: copier ,scanner, printer and telephone
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
Physical Requirements: (Required for job)
- Lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds various items
- Standing for extended periods
- Extended periods viewing computer
- Repetitive Motions
Hazards: (Required for job)
- Normal office environment
- Housekeeping and/or cleaning agents
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami, FL 33161: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location