AltMed Florida, the fastest-growing privately-held cannabis company in Florida, is hosting an on-site hiring event for MedTender positions on January 28th and 29th, from 8:30 a.m – 5:00 p.m. at 301 Tucker Ln, Cocoa, FL 32926. You must bring a copy of your resume, wear a face mask, and RSVP by applying to this job posting. See job details below:
The MedTender is passionate about medical Cannabis, provides product knowledge to our patients and explains the benefits of buying specific products. The MedTender delivers the Company’s retail promise to every customer visiting the Dispensary. Provides supervisor customer service and education guidance to registered patients and Designated Primary Caregiver (“DPC”). Take patients orders, record sales in the Inventory Control System (“ICS”), and handle cash, and debit card transactions. Maintain an organized environment and facility appearance.
- Previous retail or customer service experience preferred.
- Must be able to ensure accurate data-entry and record keeping and have experience with ICS systems.
- Knowledge of medical Cannabis policy and law preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in Windows-based and other software and Internet navigation.
- Point of Sale software and cash handling is a plus.
- Greets patients and DPC’s and escorts them from the waiting room to the secured sales dispensary. Provides orientation and tours for first-time clients.
- Follows the Company’s selling standards to meet the team and individual sales goals and metrics.
- Drives sales and customer experience by maintaining a tidy, safe, and well-merchandised store environment with all medical Cannabis and related products, except samples, secured and behind a counter.
- Models best-in-class service experience that consistently strives to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Make sales and prepares approved sales from the client. Calculates sales price and enters into the cash register. Collects the amount due from the client in cash or via a cashless debit transaction. Packages order, checking to ensure each product is appropriately labeled, including warning as required by law. Deliver sales from ICS agent for entry. Escort client waiting room to exit. Escort next client to secure sales area.
- Inspires customer confidence and creates loyalty to Company brand.
- Promotes a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established laws and regulations and Company policies and procedures.
- Is accountable for accurately utilizing the Company’s Point of Sale system.
- Communicates with a patient coordinator to maintain patient traffic flow and maximize sales and customer satisfaction.
- Responds to in-person patient requests, compliments, and resolves simple complaints, through e-mail, or by the phone requesting supervisor support as needed.
- Maintains organization of dispensary and through daily upkeep and light cleaning.
- Maintains quality and appearance of the product by removing shake and stems, while checking for mold, mildew, expiration or sell-by dates, or defective products, and keeping samples clean and in order.
- Maintains knowledge of all medical Cannabis, and related products and services offered, as well as applicable state and local laws and regulations and industry news.
- Educates patients and DPD’s on medicating options and methods, strain information, medicine effectiveness for specific ailments, and cultivation methods.
- Provides education materials and resources for patients and DPCs as needed.
- Records specific request, preferences, and notifications for patients and DPCs using the EVS and ICS and follow up as needed.
- Maintains awareness of patient input and suggested changes to improve service or product, invites clients to use the suggestion box in the waiting room.
- Discusses inventory levels with patient coordinator and Manager or Assistant Manager to maintain accurate online menus and update menus and checklist as needed.
- Coordinates supply orders with the dispensary manager as needed.
- Other responsibilities and duties assigned by the Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a level II background check.
AltMed Florida is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that AltMed Florida does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, AltMed Florida will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer / Retails: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible