Cansortium Inc is a vertically integrated cultivator, processor, formulator, and retailer of Premium Cannabis Products currently operating in Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas as Fluent Cannabis, as well as in Michigan through its in-market partner. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions towards our goals as a leader in the medical cannabis industry.
Find out more at www.getfluent.com. Follow us on LinkedIn
The Distribution Technician II supports, measures, and guides daily and weekly production operations through the batching and tracking of inventory within a medical cannabis manufacturing facility, including analyzing and tracking production projects and reporting them to the Distribution Supervisor. Distribution department activities may span the entire product fulfillment cycle, from packaging to final distribution. The ideal candidate will excel as a team member within a medical manufacturing environment, where attention to detail is extremely important, and the work is fast-paced, mentally demanding, and highly regulated. Duties are completed individually, and in small teams, under the supervision of area leads and Distribution Supervisors.
All candidates must be able to work in an environment with a safe culture. Extended periods of standing, bending, reaching, and high dexterity functions may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating with the area leads and Allocation teams on project batching, throughput, and discrepancies
- Guiding the label teams on projects, inventory breakdowns, and priorities
- Monitoring and auditing batch breakdowns through seed to sale software and physical verifications
- Auditing facility inventories and chain of custody documentation
- Physical batching and fulfillment of inventory
- Tracking inventory and production data through various stages of Work in Progress (WIP), to finished products and by-products.
- Assigning and printing batching records, labels, and manifests.
- Monitoring and maintaining production workflows and documentation.
- Recording and reporting any discrepancies in production or inventories to area leads or Distribution
- Updating and interfacing with seed-to-sale tracking software.
- Maintaining quality control and compliance to company SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) and WI (Work Instructions) and following all state, federal guidelines and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Participating individually and in small teams for general production duties, such as labeling, auditing, reporting, moving product physically, and other general duties around production as they relate to efficiency and throughput.
- Multitasking (ability to work on several projects simultaneously without losing focus)
- Computer proficiency and data entry
- Organization and initiative
- Time management
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
This position operates in manufacturing environments. This role routinely uses manufacturing processing equipment and standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This role spends time in both manufacturing areas and office environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be able to speak and hear. Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms and ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. The employee frequently is required to stand for extended periods; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, no more than 25 pounds.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Standard shifts will be anywhere between the hours of 10 am – 10 pm Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and 10 am-5:15 pm Tuesday/Thursday. Candidates will need to be flexible, as there will be the occasional request to work outside of these normal hours if the business requires it.
Required Education and Experience
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills
- High School Diploma
Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
Must pass a drug screening
This position has some supervisory responsibilities
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Technician II’s and above are expected to provide feedback for continuous process improvement and innovation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance, a paid-time-off program, and a non-matching 401k plan.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.