District Manager – Curaleaf – Miami, FL
Curaleaf, Inc. is a rapidly expanding, multi-state medical cannabis company dedicated to the needs of its patients Reporting to Director of Sales and Marketing this role will direct and coordinate all retail chain stores in the district. In charge of the operational practices of all stores and overseeing store managers.The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of retail sales management experience and ability to manage cross-functional tasks and projects, and will wear multiple hats in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects premises of assigned stores to ensure that adequate security exists and that physical facilities comply with safety and environmental codes and ordinances.
- Reviews operational records and reports of store managers to project sales and to determine store profitability.
- In charge of interviewing, hiring, coordinating, and disciplining store managers.
- Coordinates sales and promotional activities of store managers.
- Analyzes marketing potential of new and existing store locations and recommends additional sites or deletion of existing area stores.
- Negotiates with vendors to enter into contracts for merchandise and determines allocations to each store manager.
- Act as a liaison between headquarters and assigned branches.
- Works with multiple stores and managers across a large region, coordinates visits to these stores from time to time.
- Keep and maintain store budgets.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Design software; Inventory software; Project Management software and Spreadsheet software.