District Manager – MedMen – Jacksonville, FL
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
The District Manager is responsible for building & leading the store and sales teams for Medmen.
The successful candidate will be expected to execute the Medmen’s Core objectives across all retail stores. This position will partner closely with Retail Operations, Hospitality, Visual Presentation, HR and Loss Prevention to ensure both headquarters retail and independent market objectives of the company business plans are achieved.
This position will play a critical role to ensure we have a pipeline of future sale leaders in hiring, training, developing and promoting field sales from entry-level roles up into management roles within the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Achieve retail store sales and KPI’s targets.
- Recruits, engages and retains best in class talent.
- Coaches, mentors and leads in all aspects of producing a world class “Showtime” customer experience including Hospitality and Loyalty Programs, Visual Presentation, Product Knowledge and go-to-market strategies.
- Execute all Retail Calendar strategies and initiatives.
- Create the ideal Showtime experience for customers by scheduling the right people, in the right place, at the right time to drive top line sales and leverage payroll costs.
- Work with Operations, Loss Prevention and Compliance teams to strive for operational excellence and exhibit strong shrink controls.
- Works with Hospitality and HR on succession planning to build bench strength.
- Analyze all budget spend by store to understand ROI.
- The District Manager has full P&L responsibility for their area.
- BA/BS – Business or Communications (preferable)or minimum of 5 years of applicable or commensurate experience in a similar level role
- Experience with a proven track record in leading large retail and independent selling organizations
- Exceptional knowledge and experience of market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
- Resource Development – driving sales and profitability
- Excellent mentoring, training, and development skills
- Superior business acumen, planning, and target goal setting
- Computer skills with good Excel capabilities
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Relationship Management
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Consulting Skills
- HR Expertise
- Global & Cultural Awareness
This person is directly responsible for managing the Store Management and Associates.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or feet, reach with hands and arms and may be required to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequent travel outside of the local area and overnight. Some international travel may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
This position does not approve Visa requirements, H1-B sponsorship, special clearances, etc.