Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Drying Room Technician operates under the direction of the Drying and Handling Supervisor and is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the post-harvest production operation including drying and handling material, general trimming labor, operating machinery, and weighing.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (a Joint Venture with Cookies) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Trimming whole cannabis flower
- Responsible for reaching a high-volume trimming goal
- Dexterous hand movements with trimming tools
- Hanging and/or racking harvested cannabis flower, along with take down
- Operating trimming and kief machines
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment and work area
- Follow all Safety and Quality guidelines as outlined by Parallel
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation
- Ability to concentrate on each task
- The ability to understand and communicate information is essential
- Willing to work additional hours, as necessary, and Holidays
- Must be able to follow instructions unsupervised
- Plant knowledge
- Experience in the Cannabis Industry
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Agile fingers able to perform dexterous tasks
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, lift objects on a regular basis, and perform daily repetitive tasks in small spaces that can be high in heat or extreme cold, high in humidity, wet or dry
- The ability to wear personal protective gear throughout the day
- Must be able to climb a ladder
- Hand and eye coordination
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Constantly operates productivity machinery
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.