The Edibles Manufacturing Lead is responsible for conducting and overseeing daily operations to ensure efficient production. The Team Leader is required to accurately weigh measure and blend ingredients to make candies and support production needs. They are responsible for training, supervision and accuracy of the work being performed by the line staff.
Essential Accountabilities and Duties
- Leads daily medically infused edible production and packaging operations at the facility level. Adhere to all company policies and procedures, GMP and safety standards, food safety, lab safety
- Assists production through the operation, set-up, cleaning and performance of minor maintenance on complex electrical / mechanical production equipment.
- Enforces strict compliance to standard operating procedures and manufacturing formulas
- Responsible for assembling ingredients from various recipes of bakery products – using bakery scales and mixers to prepare the product
- Feed product to kettles, hoppers, scales, or other devices
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment at all times
- Follows general procedures in performing laboratory tasks, inspections of packaged products and materials.
- Performs and documents required inspection for manufacturing equipment, storage equipment, sanitation cleaning, and any other requested operational related inspections
- Ensures quality objectives are met including regular adherence to GMPs, performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks and product quality checks
- Monitors and facilitates manufacturing quotas
- Maintain inventory levels and product quality as determined by sales and operations demand
- Collaborates with Production Manager to ensure timely delivery of ingredients and packaging materials
- Ensures proper weekly inventory, logging and storage of all materials and packaging
- Oversees implementation and training for new products, equipment, and personnel
- Recommends and implements efficiency improvements
- Job tasks may change from day to day depending on production needs
- Set-up, operate, clean and perform minor maintenance on complex production equipment
- Identify and resolve issues during set up, operation, or breakdown. Diagnose and resolve mechanical issues with equipment at the entry maintenance mechanic level
- Prepares, counts and accurately documents in-coming and out-going product
- Supervises kitchen and packaging agents by providing motivation, training and development
- Operate packaging equipment, including troubleshooting and making adjustments in accordance with established work standards
- Actively participates in the employee on-boarding, performance management and relays any recommended coaching/corrective actions to Production Manager
- Conduct detailed quality checks at regular intervals; inspect items to ensure product is being processed according to specifications
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in food manufacturing/production environment REQUIRED
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) REQUIRED
- Basic mathematical skills REQUIRED
- Basic understanding of equipment capabilities, standards and proper set points including but not limited to scales, steam kettles, hoppers, depositor
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods; ability to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 50 pounds REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions REQUIRED
- Promote teamwork; possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform tasks as needed.
- Ability to problem solve by adjusting variables in standardized situations
This position requires knowledge and awareness of manufacturing and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Position requires ability to work overtime, varying start times and weekends dependent on business needs.
This person will be reporting directly to the QAQC Manager and Production Manager to ensure all food safety measures and quality parameters are being met as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location