The Edibles Manufacturing Tech is responsible for the preparation and execution of VidaCann’s edible product line through accurately weighing, measuring, mixing and processing of ingredients.
Essential Accountabilities and Duties
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures, GMP and safety standards, food safety, lab safety
· Comply to strict compliance of standard operating procedures and manufacturing formulas
· Responsible for assembling ingredients from various recipes of bakery products – using bakery scales and mixers to prepare the product
· Feed product to kettles, hoppers, scales, or other devices
· Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment at all times
· Follows general procedures in performing laboratory tasks, inspections of packaged products and materials.
· Examine and evaluate product to determine consistent quality in color, texture, and flavor
· Job tasks may change from day to day depending on production needs including set-up, cleaning, packaging of manufactured products
· Meet Deadlines
· Prepares, counts and accurately documents in-coming and out-going product
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1 years experience working in food manufacturing/production environment REQUIRED
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) REQUIRED
- Basic mathematical skills REQUIRED
- Basic understanding of equipment capabilities, standards and proper set points including but not limited to scales, steam kettles, hoppers, depositor
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods; ability to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 50 pounds REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions REQUIRED
- Promote teamwork; possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform tasks as needed.
- Ability to problem solve by adjusting variables in standardized situations
This position requires knowledge and awareness of manufacturing and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Position requires ability to work overtime, varying start times and weekends dependent on business needs.
This person will be reporting directly to the Edibles Manufacturing Lead and Production Manager to ensure all food safety measures and quality parameters are being met as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location