Edibles, Prep Cook (Pastry Chef Assistant) – Surterra – Orlando, FL
Surterra is looking for a Prep Cook for our manufacturing team. Responsibilities of the Prep Cook will include assisting with the development and production of all edible products for distribution in Florida. Using our “Six Characteristics” (detailed below) as a compass, our goal at every step in the process is to deliver superior products to our consumers. The Processing Technician will ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, troubleshoot issues, be a strong teammate, and effectively produce edibles products for the manufacturing team.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Surterra Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations.
- Production of confections, baked goods and other infused products.
- Ensures accurate and appropriate storage for all products.
- Maintains quality control of all products.
- Executes accurate recipe formulations, adaptations or conversions consistently.
- Remains compliant with food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing edibles products.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional technicians as company grows.
- Train and assess new staff.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with our without notice.
Experienced with kitchen equipment, technical proficiency in MS Office, excellent communication skills and time management skills.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- Recent Culinary experience preferred.
- Serve Safe certification required within first year.
- Proficient math and measuring skills.
- Familiarity with kitchen equipment operations.
- Ability to read and interpret recipes written in English.
- Ability to work as a team member, be organized and have extreme attention to detail.
- Passionate about the importance of medical marijuana.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.