Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Electrician is responsible for providing support to the facilities operation during the initial set up phase and ongoing operation thereafter through the installation, repair and maintenance of electrically powered systems, and equipment including distribution systems and equipment. The Facilities Electrician will follow accepted procedures and techniques of the electrical trade, ensuring the facilities operation is best in class.
- Knowledge of electrical principles and their application to the maintenance, repair and installation of electric distribution systems, devices and electrical generation systems.
- Skills normally attributed to a Journeyman Electrician who has completed a recognized apprenticeship or vocational program.
- Knowledge of the application and use of testing equipment utilized in checking, testing, and analyzing electrical systems such as Volt-Ammeters, Voltage testers, Phase and Rotation testers, Multimeters, etc.
- Knowledge of fabrication and installation of materials and equipment required by electrical distribution systems including special application such as High Hazard areas, Standby Generators and Medical applications, etc.
- Ability to apply electrical formulas and conversion tables to job requirements.
- Ensures efficient and safe availability of electrical power; troubleshoots electrical outages or malfunctions to repair or prevent system damage.
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and requirements such as National Electric Code.
- Inspects the work site and determines material, equipment, and tool requirements and method to be used.
- Plans, lays out, installs and assembles materials and fixtures as required by scope of work.
- Skill in interpreting schematic drawings, charts and technical instructions.
- Establishes and conducts scheduled inspections and minor repairs of electrical and mechanical equipment to ensure proper operation and to correct malfunctions before major breakdowns develop
- Establishes building electrical maintenance inspections on a periodic and recurring basis; manages preventive maintenance programs, and safety of the environment by observing and enforcing rules and practices, ensures that work conditions are safe and conducive to efficient operations
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Driver’s License or State-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Technical diploma in Electricity and Journeyman’s license
- Minimum of 4-6years of progressively responsible work-related and any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, combined with demonstrated professional growth and achievement
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to travel up to 25% – 50% of the time
- Must be able to move around the production facilities up to 30% of the time
- Must be able to work in an environment which is noisy and with temperature fluctuations from 60 degrees to 90 degrees
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Our values are how we will realize our vision and mission
Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility