Do you have what it takes to be a part of an industry leading cannabis company? We are GrowHealthy – a Company dedicated to delivering the best products and services possible to the patients of Florida. GrowHealthy is a high-growth business asset of iAnthus Capital Management. We are positioned to become one of Florida’s largest and most trusted medical marijuana companies. Working hand-in-hand with state and local governments, the GrowHealthy brand features company-grown, tested, safe, and effective medical marijuana products
GrowHealthy is recruiting for the position of Engineering Manager. As the Engineering Manager you will act as a change agent and utilize continuous improvement to drive changes for the better. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage and lead the maintenance and facilities team in the Lake Wales facilities and support engineering and maintenance activities in other locations as needed.
- Manage any and all outside contractors.
- Manage projects as they pertain to construction, indoor/outdoor, of Company facilities.
- Perform cost analysis and identify areas of cost reduction and manage the implementation of these types of programs.
- Manage outside resources providing new processes and equipment.
- Develop, manage and maintain an effective Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Manage and be knowledgeable with regards to site utilities (i.e. Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC).
- Support existing production with all process equipment and automation.
- Assist staff and the customer on warehouse and plant facilities projects.
- Determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow.
- Establish methods for maximum utilization of warehouse facilities and personnel.
- Conduct studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, equipment purchase/lease/maintenance.
- Project management for new projects and process improvements.
- Engages in regular communications with the Customer’s materials managers, planners, logistics, floor operations and operations team to assess operations performance and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Exercises vertical and horizontal communication to keep the Customer plant management and operations apprised on progress of deliverables.
- Proficient in problem solving, project management, process design, economic analysis, procedure development, inventory analysis, benchmarking process with other industries and competitors, and order fulfillment solution sets
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing processes, Six Sigma, ISO, 5-S, and time studies/labor standards development.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Is required to pass a Florida Department of Law Enforcement Office of Medical Marijuana Use Level 2 Background Screening Process.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required with 8 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot complex problems and determine root causes.
- Hands on mechanical engineering aptitude and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of working among many disciplines and a diverse workforce.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage and maintain project plans.
- Experience with plant layout design and optimization.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Internet Explorer, AutoCAD preferred.
- Ability to derive, interpret, present, and draw conclusions in an accurate and thorough manner.
- Ability to multi-task and expand ideas and objectives with limited direction.
- Ability to build relationships and present ideas across layers of an organization.
- Experience in leading a team through change management processes.
Percentage of Work Time Spent on Activity
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift to 50lbs
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to type and use technical sources.
Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to stoop or kneel
Standing/Walking: Must be able to move about departments
Supervisory Responsibilities may include: Supervision of Maintenance and Facilities Team that consists of general laborers, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Facilities
The work environment characteristics involve indoor and outdoor projects and work responsibilities. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud with regards to on-going construction projects and equipment used by Company staff and outside contractors. Environment oftentimes dusty and dirty, and regular exposure to the elements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GrowHealthy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GrowHealthy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GrowHealthy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.