Fluent is a premier medical cannabis company, with cultivation, processing and retail locations in Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico and Canada. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment, with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Knox Medical and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions. Our goal is to inspire, lead, trust and deliver on what we say we are going to do.
Fluent is seeking an Entomologist with a focus in Integrated Pest Management to assist with our day to day operations. The work involves the development, adaptation, and application of practical and effective problem-solving methods, techniques, and technologies for maintaining a constant reliable source of pest management. The entomologist works closely with the cultivation and the operations support team.
- Inspecting all plants/rooms in every facility throughout the company.
- Record keeping on and accessing plant health, pest issues and cleanliness of grow rooms for daily reports.
- Verbal and digital reporting to management on pests, plant health and the cleanliness of all facilities as soon as issues are found.
- Taking plant samples for inspection to identify pests or plant health issues
- Providing on-site inspections, consultation and training.
- Work with mangers to set company goals
- Researching pests and plant health issues and how-to better deal with them in a compliant manner
- Work independently with good time management to inspect all rooms in facilities before the light cycle is off
- Verbal presentations for weekly managers meetings
- Maintain equipment necessary for the completion of all tasks
- Tracking progress of pest management when and where pests are found to monitoring how well they are being treated
- Alerting the staff as to the location of any identified pest or problem in grow rooms, also giving written instructions as to where said pests are found.
- Maintaining a good relationship with staff and management to more effectively solve any issues or avoid problems within grow facilities.
- Preferred Master’s Degree majoring in Entomology
- Bachelor’s in Agriculture, Plant Science, or Horticulture preferred
- Five years of professional experience working as an entomologist
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations.
- Knowledge of crop management and commercial agriculture
- Intermediate level proficiency with standard software including MS Office Suite
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
- Ability to repetitively bend, kneel and walk long distances while working in a non-climate-controlled environment and outside in inclement weather.
- Excellent math skills and the ability to maintain accurate counts
- Dependability/reliability. Occasionally may need to work Saturdays.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness and desire to work overtime hours during busy seasons
- Must be a multitasker, with the ability to work on several requests simultaneously without losing focus
- Organization and initiative, good communications skills, proactive, problem-solving, time management, discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes
- Ability to build good relationships. There will be frequent contact with internal and external people, either face to face or by telephone or email
- Teamwork- collaborating with others to improve overall standards of work and service
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Fluent Medical *provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time-off program.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.*
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Agriculture: 6 years (Preferred)
- Entomology: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Tampa, FL (Preferred)