Job Title: Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Department: Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
Reports to: Director of EHS
FLSA Status: Regular- Exempt
Location: Tallahassee, FL
The Environmental Health Safety (EHS) Manager performs a variety of EHS tasks including but not limited to: leading the local OSHA and EPA compliance activities; managing work comp claims with our third-party administrator; initiating, driving, and managing key injury prevention activities; collaborating with others; engaging associates; and monitoring and managing our leading and lagging indicators.
- Develops, evaluates and maintains effective health/safety policy and procedures to comply with corporate and regulatory requirements. These activities include, but are not limited to: Emergency Action Plan, Hazard Communication, Safe Operating Procedures, Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding, Contractor Management, Bloodborne Pathogens, Respiratory Protection, Chemical Waste Management, Stormwater, SPCC, Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, Hearing Conservation, Fall Prevention/Protection, and Powered Industrial Trucks
- Administers environmental compliance activities including but not limited to tracking, reporting, scheduling, and sampling as necessary.
- Maintains effective relationships with external parties such as: regulatory agencies/governmental agencies, vendors, suppliers, customers, and local occupational health clinics.
- Conducts routine audits and inspections of our environmental procedures and controls. Recommends and facilitates corrective actions to maintain the effectiveness of the procedures and controls.
- Oversees the Trulieve training activities and monitors all training activities at each facility.
- All other duties assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be capable of driving change across the multiple locations.
- Have a relentless pursuit for injury prevention, compliance, and risk reduction.
- Be capable of facilitating and sponsoring employee led teams that solve problems and lead the location(s) to World Class Safety.
- Be capable of aligning the local team and influencing others to achieve the desired EHS performance objectives outlined by corporate initiatives and local/site initiatives.
- Review and analyze data to determine the next opportunity to improve EHS performance.
- Bring experience with innovative EHS compliance and risk reduction techniques via employee engagement, behavior-based safety programs, risk assessments, and understanding of implementing, managing, and sustaining EHS programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Help coordinate and manage the standard work for hourly safety coordinators (when hired).
ADDITIONAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental related discipline required and a minimum of 5+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Have knowledge of EPA Air Permits, NPDES and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Programs, and Waste Management.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional business hours as needed. Our locations operate 24/7 and the ideal candidate will have the occasional need to be in the facility during non-traditional business hours.
- Must be able to work at other locations that may include overnight travel on occasion.
- 5 years’ experience as an EHS manager or similar role
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background screening.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs. to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet, with or without mechanical assistance
- Must be able to work seated/standing as appropriate at workstations for extended periods of time, maintain body equilibrium while climbing ladders, stairways, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, and use hands/fingers to hold, grasp, turn, pick, pinch frequently/constantly to complete tasks.
- Must have visual acuity with/without job aids to perform activities such as; reading, viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection involving small parts/details. Clarity of vision at 20 ft or more in day and night/dark conditions
- Must be able to speak and communicate verbally at conversation levels with co-workers, vendors, etc. (Moderate noise)
- 40+ hours weekly with flexible hours depending on department needs. Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer l Trulieve Supports a Drug Free Workplace