Executive Assistant, Office Manager – Surterra – Tampa, FL
This opportunity includes two “levels” of responsibility. The Executive Assistant provides executive administrative support to the Vice Presidents of Human Resources and Corporate Communications. This role also serves as the Office Manager to the Tampa office.
- The first level pertains to the responsibilities usually associated with an executive assistant to C-level professionals.
- The second level pertains to the responsibilities of an office manager, organizing and coordinating office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety for our professionals.
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager is a key administrative position within Surterra Wellness and will be responsible for the administrative and organizational management of the office. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, demonstrate a high level of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality, handling sensitive information with tact, discretion and judgment. This individual will be well organized and flexible with a high degree of responsiveness and must be able to plan, prioritize and organize in a fast-pace, rapidly changing environment.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Executive Assistant
Provide Executive Administrative support to the Vice Presidents of Human Resources and Corporate Communications.
- Assist the VPs with daily schedule and duties, to include calendar management, travel arrangements, expense management, prioritizing and organizing daily workflow
- Arrange meetings and conference calls (including coordinating all meeting logistics, developing agendas and meeting materials, etc.). This also requires knowledge and use of online/on demand, meeting collaboration tools
- Attend staff meetings, record minutes and create a summary of the meeting, highlighting the significant issues, distributing meeting minutes and documents, as assigned
- Draft correspondence and presentations in preparation of meetings and events, which may require the gathering of data from internal and/or external sources
- Ensure all documents, letters, briefings and other materials are in final format, including but not limited to grammar, content, substance, and accuracy
- Process expense reports as well as acting as a delegate to review and approve executives’ team’s reports referencing existing expense policies and guidelines
- Maintain employee reference lists, department organizational charts and directory
- Serve as a liaison between the executives’ teams and other business units/departments
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries
- Maintain and develop systems that organize and structure the work of the leaders. Organize and maintain files/records on all matters, as appropriate
- Integrate into and work with other assistants within the company in support of executive team. Serve as a backup for other assistants, as necessary
- Assist with distribution of internal communications as needed
- Coordinate onboarding support to new employees on the teams that the position supports
- Coordinate special projects and events as assigned by executive and team
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Ensure the highest level of discretion and confidentially when managing sensitive and complex issues
B. Office Manager
The Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Coordinate with internal and external construction and design teams to provide organizational and administrative support during planning, design and execution for an office buildout/move
- Plan space allocations, layouts, and floor moves as required as company grows
- Manage inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed
- Maintain office facilities and equipment by assisting with procurement and routine maintenance and upkeep
- Maintain office condition ensuring a clean and organized work environment
- Serve as liaison between building management and office executives and Surterra employees
- Work with IT specialists to resolve any issues related to executive and office hardware
- Work with IT to ensure all on-demand services are available and in working order for meetings in office conference rooms
- Support and provide communication and awareness for company-wide programs, policies and initiatives as directed by HR and other C-level executives
- Ensure compliance with building security and procedures
- Ensure compliance with emergency and non-fire emergency procedures in the office. Ensure routine communication is provided to employees for their safety
- Process all invoices and expenses related to office and facility operations not managed through the Real Estate team
- Address employee’s queries regarding office management issues (e.g. parking, local events, etc.)
- Receive and distribute daily mail and incoming shipments
- Coordinate catering for office events and meetings
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of administrative experience supporting senior or C-level executive in an office setting
- 2+ years of office management or business management experience in an office setting
- Prior experience working in a start-up business environment (preferred)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Visio and Access experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills (in English required) – Spanish a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage complex tasks and prioritize competing demands in order to meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in digital devices and an aptitude to learn new technologies
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Strong meeting and event/logistical planning skills required for internal and external programs
- Experience using office equipment, including complex multi-functioning printers
- Experience managing/coordinating an office move preferred
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to maintain confidential company and employee information
- Able to interact with C-level and executive professionals with confidence
- Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of Surterra Wellness
- A strategic thinker who is adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes
- Outgoing, straightforward, and creative
- Able to work independently and take initiative
- Results oriented
- An adaptable, flexible problem-solver
- Positive and team-focused
- Listen to and respect others; able and willing to assist co-workers in the development of their own professional skills in order to ensure the team’s success
- A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust and integrity
- Able to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Reliable and proactive
- Able to work in an office environment with associated time at a desk, office/conference rooms
- Able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time
- Able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Able to exchange accurate information
- Able to travel as needed domestically
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.