Cansortium Inc is a vertically integrated cultivator, processor, formulator, and retailer of Premium Cannabis Products currently
operating in Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas as Fluent Cannabis, as well as in Michigan through its in-market partner. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions towards our goals as a leader in the medical cannabis industry.
Find out more at www.getfluent.com. Follow us on LinkedIn.
The Extraction & Distillation Technician will be responsible for all day to day extraction & distillation processing to create full
spectrum. This includes intaking raw materials, operating the extraction and distillation equipment, tracking batch records, clean up and maintenance of equipment and facilities and conduct general extraction & processing duties. This position will work closely with the Lab Manager.
- Organize and manage data, extraction parameters, testing results and processes relating to lab activities.
- Operate CO2 extraction system for the production of cannabis extract.
- Operate Wiped Film Distiller to produce high quality cannabis distillate.
- Maintain inventory of all supplies, materials, equipment, finished products, by-product and spare parts.
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposal of waste according to guidelines, and keeping laboratory, storerooms and working
- Provide forecasting insight and analysis while collecting cannabinoid data.
- Execute schedule batch and confirm batch records.
- Assists in supporting the optimization and distillation process.
- Maintain accurate tracking records of seed to scale system.
- Managing and training extraction technician teams efficiently and respectfully.
- Maintaining a continuous focus on safety, injury prevention in all aspects of production work
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) using GMP processes and guidelines
- Maintain process equipment and ensure such machinery operates in a clean organized environment.
- Report needed maintenance on laboratory and equipment, assist with the appropriate repairs
- Performing clerical work related to laboratory activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering or a related field required
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in related manufacturing role or within the botanical extraction industry.
- Experience with analytical processes, botanical or biologic processes preferred.
- Compliance and understanding of current Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP) guidelines.
- General knowledge of weights and measurement.
- Strong math and computer skills, including ability to create and interpret data.
- Experience complying with GMP standards.
- Knowledge of proper and safe handling and disposal of harmful chemicals, substances, and hazardous wastes.
- Knowledge of the principles of biochemistry, organic and inorganic chemistry
- Speed and precision with equipment.
- Strong mechanical inclination
- Ability to easily use computers, and Microsoft office programs including MS Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and maintain work consistency on a daily basis.
- Effective time- management and high attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, strong analytical skills and detail oriented.
- Capable to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Self-driven, hard working, and able to communicate effectively
This position operates in cultivation and manufacturing environments. This role routinely uses cultivation processing equipment and standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to individually lift up to 50 lbs.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
REQUIRED EDUCATON and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering or a related field required’
Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience as an Extraction Technician or in a related role within the botanical extraction
PREFERRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Masters or higher-level degree in the Sciences with 4 years of GMP experience or undergraduate degree in the Sciences with eight years of GMP experience.
Experience with analytical processes, botanical or biologic processes preferred.
Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
Must pass a drug screening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision
insurance, and paid time-off program.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.