Extraction Manager – AgHires – Midway, FL
Trulieve is the first and leading medical cannabis company in the state of Florida. They are a “Seed to Sale” operation with 1500 employees and growing. If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
The Extraction Manager role carries significant administrative, regulatory and compliance duties and responsibilities including the hiring, training, safety awareness, professional development and discipline of the laboratory employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and implementing new technologies and methodologies to improve laboratory workflow, extractions, product development and data quality as financially possible.
- Ensuring the constant improvement of the teams’ knowledge base on lab procedures and extraction methods, including safety awareness, knowledge of hazards, AZDHS, OSHA, Food Safety, company standards and quality control.
- Representing the company in regulatory meetings, lab industry meetings and events.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, including safety, environmental and document control requirements.
- Providing technical guidance to the facility with respect to any technical questions or new services.
- Analyzing production requirements and work assignations, based upon capacity to achieve production schedule and departmental objectives. Promoting an environment of continual improvement and open communication with all levels of staff.
- Planning and organizing production schedules and coordinating with operations personnel to identify and address market opportunities and operational weaknesses.
- Working with Laboratory Manager in monitoring quality control to ensure high quality, accurate results.
- Must be accessible 7 days a week either on-site or by phone to address any laboratory issues.
- Approving any changes to the technical SOPs.
- Periodically auditing the staff during process to ensure compliance with SOPs.
- Investigating all adverse events, errors and complaints; documenting investigations and determining the root cause.
- Resolving conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asking for assistance of HR as needed and when required.
- Participating actively in department team and all-staff meetings.
- Interfacing with the Laboratory Manager to optimize inventory of laboratory supplies and ensuring that there is at least a month worth of lab supplies on-hand.
Skills and Education Requirements
- Advanced botanical extractions knowledge and expertise is required for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Broad knowledge of scientific principles, theories, and technologies applicable to chemistry in general.
- Manufacturing scale up experience desired (ISO, LEAN, etc.).
- Knowledge of management and organizational concepts, principles, and techniques with demonstrated expertise in research administration.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to be able to troubleshoot any issue with the processes and instrumentation.
- Flexibility and adaptability to adjust to changing project needs in evolving situations. Results driven.
- Exposure to a fast pace/deadline related environment is preferred.
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Experienced crisis manager who demonstrates a high level of emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead personnel to a successful resolution.
- Advanced employee relations skills, including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Strong math and computer skills, including ability to create and interpret data.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older, and able to successfully complete a comprehensive background screening.