Leads and coordinates the extraction operations of a cultivation and manufacturing facility by adhering to the operation, technical, and quality control policies and guidelines. Maintains excellent personal hygiene, workspace cleanliness, and quality control measures to ensure a high-quality product in accordance with the Department of Health Office of Compassionate Use regulations and standards set by the Company policies.
- Manage, supervise and direct the activities of the extraction department.
- Train, develop & manager performance.
- Create, develop and utilize all resources to provide training programs and new employee orientation.
- Create and manage the production & staff schedule.
- Carefully follow existing SOP’s and suggest updates as needed.
- Communicate any discrepancies or quality issues to Senior Manager.
- Provide informal and formal feedback and coaching to your team members.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and rapidly expand new best practices across the trim department.
- Prepare equipment and raw material for extraction.
- Execute extraction and processing in accordance with state and local standards.
- Operate sophisticated extraction equipment.
- Ensure the consistency and efficiency of product through quality control testing and procedures.
- Clean and maintain extraction equipment and manufacturing facility.
- Maintain strict inventory records of all raw materials, chemicals, and equipment used.
- Disposal of lab waste in accordance with established guidelines.
- Complete the cleaning and sanitization of all production equipment, work surfaces, and tools.
- Maintaining material safety data sheets for all chemicals and products.
- Following laboratory safety protocols.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a Science discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience.
- Cannabis extraction experience preferred.
- Additional education or experience working in a laboratory setting preferred.
- Understanding of state and local laws.
- Understanding of proper and safe handling of hazardous materials.
- Familiarity with separations, isolations, and fractionation.
- Knowledge of solvent and solventless extraction methods.
- Strong computer skill.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to manage time and balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a level II background check.
AltMed Florida is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that AltMed Florida does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, AltMed Florida will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Apollo Beach, FL 33572 (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Leadership: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible