Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) (“Curaleaf”) is a leading U.S. provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a vertically integrated, high-growth cannabis operator known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 96 dispensaries, 23 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 3,000 team members across the United States. Curaleaf is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the symbol CURA and trades on the OTCQX market under the symbol CURLF. For more information please visit www.curaleaf.com.
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the work they do and will help support our company vision “To be the world’s leading cannabis company by leading the world in cannabis education, accessibility, and customer satisfaction with high-quality products backed by science.” You will have an opportunity to be recognized for your talent and expertise while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives in support of our Mission “To improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption.”
Curaleaf is a rapidly expanding, multi-state medical cannabis company dedicated to the needs of its patients. The Extraction Lab Technician assists the Laboratory Manufacturing team by maintaining quality control measures in the extraction process and thereby ensuring the delivery of high-quality product. The Extraction Technician carries out day-to-day tasks including prepping for Extraction runs, Extraction using supercritical fluids, maintain paperwork using Good Documentation and adhering to GMP standards. The Extraction Lab Technician must monitor and maintain production facility in accordance with the state of New York and standards set by Curaleaf New York.
This is a 2nd shift position.
- Preparing for production by reviewing production schedule; studying and clarifying specifications; calculating requirements; assembling and weighing plant materials and supplies for extraction.
- Operating highly sophisticated extraction equipment; Processing concentrates and extracts
- Cleaning and maintaining extraction equipment and laboratory facility following current good manufacturing practices (cGMP), and standard operating procedures; complying with legal regulations; monitoring environment.
- Operating, maintaining, adjusting, and repairing laboratory equipment such as extraction vessels, heating jackets, CO2 pumps, CO2 recycler, balances, centrifuges, and other laboratory equipment.
- Operating extraction equipment to harvest terpene extracts and cannabinoid-containing extracts.
- Operating highly sophisticated purification equipment to convert crude oil into decarboxylated oil.
- Following procedures for extract purification including ethanol addition, winterization, centrifugation, distillation, filtration, rotary evaporation, and decarboxylation.
- Assisting with the development of further purification processes and in-process materials, including processes for new products.
- Maintaining inventory records of supplies, materials, and equipment, and preparing requisitions as needed, maintaining inventory within state-issued cannabis inventory software.
- Storing supplies and equipment, disposing of waste according to state guidelines, and keeping laboratory, storerooms and working areas immaculate.
- Washing and sanitizing laboratory glassware.
- Performing clerical work related to laboratory activities such as word processing, record keeping, and filing.
- Maintaining material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products.
- Performing related duties as assigned
- Ensure processing operation is fully compliant with state regulations and federal and state law.
- Assure that operation adheres to all business and industry license requirements.
- Maintaining strict inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the laboratory and documents production by completing forms, reports, logs and batch records
Job Qualification Requirements:
- Associates Degree with 1-2 years of experience in a laboratory or manufacturing setting preferred
- 1-2 years of experience with Supercritical Extraction highly preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Subject to background check per state cannabis regulations
- Knowledge of and hands on experience with Supercritical Extraction and Rotary Evaporation desired
- Mechanical inclination with the ability to monitor, maintain and troubleshoot/repair laboratory equipment
- Ability to keep precise, highly detailed, and accurate records of calculations, procedures, and inventory of equipment, chemicals, consumables, and production
- Knowledge of scientific laboratory procedures and techniques as used in a chemistry laboratory
- Knowledge of scientific laboratory equipment and apparatus
- Knowledge of scientific methods of measurements
- Health and safety practices and precautions applicable to a chemistry laboratory
- Proper and safe handling and disposal of harmful chemicals, substances, and hazardous wastes
- Capabilities with computer systems, software, and hardware common to laboratories recordkeeping procedures
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, along with frequent bending
- Close vision (unobstructed vision at 20 inches or less)
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with fingers
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds and push up to 100 pounds with assistance
Curaleaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity