Responsibilities for Janitor
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them
- Clean walls, windows, glass and mirrors
- Service, clean and supply restrooms
- Clean employee kitchen, including cleaning out refrigerators as indicated
- Remove waste and empty trash cans
- Clean and dust furniture and fixtures
- Maintain cleaning chart indicating areas that were cleaned and inspected
- Work with Facilities Manager to replenish cleaning and maintenance supplies
- Organize janitorial storage areas and keep them clean and orderly
- Notify supervisors about unsafe conditions or concerning the need for repairs and/or maintenance of equipment and the building.
- Janitorial experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and to comply with policies
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; ability to write clear statements; ability to communicate orally
- Must be able to do physical work and operate power equipment normally found in janitorial operations
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow schedules and keep commitments
- Ability to follow directions from a supervisor
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism
- Must be able to manage time efficiently and to work individually as well as within a team
- Must be able to work 3:00 pm. – 11:30 p.m.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a level II background check.
AltMed Florida is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that AltMed Florida does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, AltMed Florida will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Apollo Beach, FL 33572 (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Janitorial: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location