Facilities Maintenance & Sanitation Technician – Curaleaf – Orlando, FL
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Summary Keeps premises of office building, apartment house, or other commercial or institutional building in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform minor building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs as necessary
- Implement preventative maintenance measures
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies
- Complete inspections of offices, laboratories with Maintenance Manager
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocol
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas.
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Perform other maintenance duties as requested
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Ability to read, writes, speaks and understands English fluently.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Puts success of team above own interests.
- Leadership – Accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 100 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.