Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Manager, Facilities oversees the daily operations of the Cultivation and/or Production facility, providing leadership and support during initial setup and ongoing operations phases thereafter. This role provides leadership and guidance to ensure that Parallel’s facilities are operating best-in-class.
This role is with Surterra Wellness, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Managing the daily operations of the facility, including leading and guiding Facilities operations staff
- Analyzing data and reports pertaining to facility operations, summarizing and disseminating information regarding activities and trends as appropriate
- Implementing strategic and tactical operational plans to ensure that Company, departmental and individual site goals are achieved
- Performs independent reviews of problem situations, developing and implementing solutions to boost employee and customer satisfaction
- Reviewing processes and procedures to streamline activities, improving service turnaround times, productivity, and quality
- Leads managing assigned projects and special events;
- assists in the development of arrangements and manages the required support services; evaluates recommended projects to determine cost, benefits, and feasibility, and prepares recommendations for implementation
- Overseeing landscaping, HVAC services, janitorial and other assigned contracts
- Establishing and conducting scheduled inspections as well as minor repairs of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Establishing a routine and cadence for building maintenance inspections
- Managing preventive maintenance programs, including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
- Managing sanitation and safety practices to ensures that work conditions are safe and conducive to efficient operations
- Monitoring and controlling operating expenses to ensure that financial goals are met and in alignment with the annual Facilities budget
- Overseeing special events – managing the storage, allocation, distribution, setup and maintenance of all special events equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in HVAC, Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Construction Engineering or Business required
- 7-10 years of demonstrated, progressive work-related experience in Facility Management and Administration or any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the role
- Minimum of 5 years working with HVAC or Electrical systems
- Minimum of 3 years of people management experience
- Previous experience with CMMS systems
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.