Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
The Facilities Project Manager oversees and manages safety plans, directs and implements the Company safety program to ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free work environment which achieves ‘zero-incident’ safety performance. This role reports to the Director, Facilities Management and Environmental Services and liaises with multiple areas of the facilities operations to ensure that Parallel facilities are best in class.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision â€¦ pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
- Managing cost and schedule through the execution phase of construction projects
- Ensuring contractors employed for the project are completing tasks to the highest-quality standard
- Adhering with company safety standards and promoting a safety culture.
- Conducting customer/stakeholder final review and project acceptance
- Leading efforts to acquire authorization to occupy the building.
- Closing out action/punch list items, warranties, operator and maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, etc.
- Keeping informed of all project activity to monitor project schedule and construction.
- Completing all project reports accurately and in a timely manner to include Project Status Report, financial reports, and project schedules
- Participating in staff meetings to review overall project progress, contracts for quality, delivery, cost containment, contract terms, and contract expiration
- Ensuring all commissioning is completed including receiving of O&M manuals, reviewing for accuracy and compliance, and making sure all necessary training is received by building operations and maintenance staff on critical equipment.
- Creating contractor and vendor RFP documents (scope narratives, schedules, etc.), attending job walks and selection/award review meetings
- Recommending policy and procedure improvements
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction or Industrial Engineering, or related field
- 5-7 years of Facilities Management experience with a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated progressive experience in Engineering and/or Construction Project Management
- PMP or other relevant project management certification is highly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of design-build project delivery methodology
- Ability to utilize ERP systems for use in procurement and materials management reporting
- Advanced proficiencies in windows-based software and Internet navigation -especially MS Project and Excel
- Superior attention to detail
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision â€“ why we exist â€“ is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission â€“ how we will do this â€“ is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values â€“ Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.