Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. So, bring yourself and your best ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Because when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating dispensaries in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, facing unique challenges and constantly challenging ourselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, we lean on each other, and we are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision… pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
The Facilities Technician provides support to the facilities operation during the initial set up phase and ongoing operation thereafter. S/he provides guidance to ensure the Facilities operation is operating best in class.
- Knowledge of the building trades such as carpentry, plumbing, maintenance and repair of heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems, minor electrical repair, systems furniture installation and work orders
- Knowledge of all applicable company policies and procedures; knowledge of environmental safety laws and regulations that govern the work environment
- Strong personal computer skills
- Ability to read blueprints; ability to understand and read computerized HVAC and Electrical system
- Ability to exercise good judgment, problem-solving ability, and resourcefulness in the absence of formal guidelines and procedures; ability to interpret and adapt known methods, system procedures, or operating concepts to new situations
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and team facilitation skill to effectively interact with management, and with internal and external customers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed, and accuracy while exercising all safety precautions and maintaining established service levels
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
- Technical school graduate or equivalent of building operations experience hvac certification and refrigeration recycle recovery license(required)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible work-related and any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, combined with demonstrated professional growth and achievement
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to travel up to 25% – 50% of the time
- Must be able to move around the production facilities up to 30% of the time
- Must be able to work in an environment which is noisy and with temperature fluctuations from 60 degrees to 90 degrees
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.