Facilities Technician – MedMen – Orlando, FL
At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you’ll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
The Facilities technician will perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical, electrical, and other installed systems; Basic handyman assignments in furniture assembly, mounting fixtures, paint and drywall repairs
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain, operate all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing systems, building management system, and building repairs
- Familiar with building codes
- Perform facility inspections and report on condition affecting operations
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, maintain detailed and accurate records and concise written reports
- Monitor and supervise HVAC preventive Maintenance contracts, Vendor management and respond to emergencies
- Prepare and submit summary reports of conditions in buildings and recommend actions to be taken
- Review and understand equipment and methods of operation, BMS system, fire/life safety, and other systems
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements
- Maintain compliance to City, County, State ordinances and codes
- Support any afterhours building needs and activities as required
- Attend training sessions and seminars and other assigned tasks as requested.
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Communication Proficiency
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Team Player
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas, which may require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to balance, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-50lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-100lbs
- Ability to work at a variety of heights
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position frequently travels 75% or more
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 10 years related experience in a similar Facilities or Maintenance position.
- Knowledge of commercial/Industrial property repair and maintenance.
- Requires a working knowledge and understanding of OSHA and Cal OSHA safety and comply with all safety procedures.
- The ability to work in a team environment to accomplish goals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- The ability to troubleshoot and implement potential fixes and solutions. Pay attention to details. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic software such as documentation in MS-Office suite, Facilities or work-order software.
- Knowledge of general repair and maintenance.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship.
MMMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MMMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MMMG expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MMMG employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Over the course of several months, we will open more locations creating growth and additional responsibility.