Clues into last year’s disappearance at sea of Tequesta teens Austin Stephanos and Perry Cohen still are being investigated — but some findings are expected soon, lawyers told a Palm Beach County judge Tuesday.

Since May, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement have been conducting a forensic investigation of the 19-foot, single-engine boat that exited the Jupiter Inlet with the 14-year-old boys on July 24, 2015.

Investigators met with Austin’s father a few weeks ago, said attorney Michael Pike, during a hearing that focused on whether the court should widen the review of possible evidence in the tragedy.

Until now the attention has been on the vessel, recovered in March by a Norwegian supply vessel off the coast of Bermuda, and an iPhone that belonged to Austin and was found on the capsized SeaCraft. In May, representatives for Apple told Pike they were unable to power the damaged device and attempt to extract data.

The teens last were seen buying about $100 worth of gas at a Jupiter marina. Austin’s phone disconnected from the Internet about 1:16 p.m., just before a storm squall passed over the area, according to phone records.

Still hoping to learn where the boys were before they went missing — a fishing trip has been suggested — their families have agreed to have the password-protected phone examined by another company that has yet to be selected.

The phone remains in Apple’s possession pending some legal releases, said Pike, who was joined in court Monday by Blu Stephanos, Austin’s father.

Circuit Judge Gregory Keyser heard arguments about a request by Perry’s father, Phil Cohen, who lives in Southern California, to obtain access to social media accounts and emails from his son and Austin, to help find out if

Read More Here...