Job Title: Fertilizer Production Technician
Reports to: Fertilizer Production Manager
FLSA Status: Regular- Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
As a Fertilizer Production Technician, you will work on a team that is responsible for keeping production flowing, meeting performance goals, and maintaining finished product quality standards that Trulieve cultivators, our internal customers expect from our products.
Technicians work with a variety of light or heavy machinery, using their in-depth knowledge to produce goods, make repairs, or join systems together. They may operate control systems, monitor gauges and meters, troubleshoot process failures, resolve breakdowns, and start or stop operations when necessary. Operators are expected utilize production equipment in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
In addition to process operation, equipment maintenance is a focus as well. Maintenance responsibilities include preventative maintenance scheduling, performing routine inspections to verify that equipment parts are viable and meeting specification, completing routine maintenance work (e.g. rebuilding pumps), and making tool changes or adjustments as necessary to maintain quality standards. Adjustments to machine settings and other tasks must be completed accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion.
Outside of fertilizer production, maintenance responsibilities will include working with fertigation/nutrigation systems where the TruBlend fertilizer formulation is applied.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Environment, Health, and Safety
- Aid the Site Administrators in compliance with State Law and Department of Health Rules.
- Observe safety and security procedures: Must have the ability to read, understand, and apply operating procedures (e.g. SOPs).
- Enter confined spaces while properly filling out confined space and Lock Out, Tag Out (LOTO) documentation.
- Must be committed to working in a highly safety-conscious environment: PPE is required attire in production areas. Wear required safety personal protective equipment (e.g. eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes).
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for the Cultivation Division and update as needed.
- Ensure chemicals and other raw materials are stored properly, maintain a clean work environment free from hazards.
- Patrol tanks, troughs, basins, and plumbing to ensure they are not overflowing or leaking.
- Report spills or dangerous conditions.
- Perform Batch Tracking:
- Record each batch into the batch sheet and then into SAP.
- Collect samples for quality checks: Acquire and store samples for initial quality analysis and retain samples.
- Submit fertilizer samples for analysis and quarantine finished fertilizer until test results have been returned.
- Determine test results: Release inventory that has past testing and rework/dispose of off-quality inventory.
- Keep track of instrument readings and document: Volume, flow rate, temperature, pH, concentration, and other physical process variables.
- Measure ingredients being added to production vessels and blend fertilizer and chemicals according to specifications and work order instructions.
- Mechanical Skills: Responsible for operating chemical plant machines and entire chemical processes. Monitors instrumentation, adjusts valves, read gauges and meters at regular intervals, operates multiple unit operations (e.g. pumps, augers/screws, belts, tanks, etc.).
- Controller Proficiency: Operate panelboards, control boards, semi-automatic equipment, and automatic equipment.
- Operate basic hand and power tools, specialty machinery to fabricate, manufacture, assemble, or move products.
- Assist with startup, shut down, and operation of processes and equipment; perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment.
- Adjust machines as needed for changeovers, different functions, or other varying needs of production.
- Fill fertilizer into totes, barrels, tanks, and tankers.
- Properly label barrels, totes, and other types of containers filled with finished fertilizer product.
- Wash out totes/barrels after mixing different parts of the fertilizer blend.
- Retrieve containers for filling.