( https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Surterra-Wellness/Jobs )
The Field Service Technician (POINT-OF-SALE) to cover Tampa, FL and surrounding areas. Candidates should be self-starters with good information technology/computer hardware installation, maintenance, repair and customer service skills. Knowledge of POS equipment is a plus. Previous retail experience a plus. This position requires flexible work hours with extensive travel in the assigned area. Company provided vehicle; candidate must provide valid driver’s license and maintain a clean motor vehicle record. Candidates will also be responsible for maintaining a small inventory of computer parts. Full-Time, Salaried, Non-Exempt position.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the Dispatch Team to receive and discuss details of the call assignments.
- Decides to either set the time to service the site or to call the help desk and walk them through the problem.
- Must meet service level agreement of the customer. Always practices proper communication and courtesy with the customer.
- Coordinates any issues or communications with the correct functionary or help desk.
- Once the tech is on-site and has analyzed the problem; he or she repairs, replaces and/or services the computer part or machine.
- Manages own inventory levels and escalates when a part shortage occurs.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 2 Year Degree or Tech School Diploma and at least 1 year of experience.
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on call volume in the area. Drug screening is required.
- Ability to climb ladders, demonstrate good dexterity, capable of lifting 85 pounds.
- Detail oriented with a sense of urgency and commitment to results.
- Has the ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Motivated starter with good communication skills.
- Required Travel: Road Warrior.
- Certifications: A+, Net+ are a plus but not necessary.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.