Film and Media Intern – Surterra – Tampa, FL
We are seeking an energetic, creative, skilled and responsible intern to join our growing organization.This is an internship opportunity for a film or videography student. This individual will be working with the Training and Communication department and primarily responsible for the Day In The Life video project. This will require traveling, filming, editing and producing short videos to introduce the various departments and roles within our cannabis company. There will be other secondary projects in the pipeline as well.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Films documentary and interview style videos in various locations showcasing people, locations and operations throughout the company.
- Creatively edits videos to professional quality.
- Produces and shares videos with stakeholders for review.
- Eager to tackle varying creative projects.
- Attends and films various internal company events.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Working toward a bachelors or masters degree in videography, film or similar.
- Can provide examples of filming and editing video work.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Edit videos using Camtasia.
- Proficient computer skills, including Windows-based software to include Microsoft Office365 (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and internet applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Use personal camera equipment or company iPhone.
- Must have own vehicle to travel to filming locations.
- Must be able to stand, squat, kneel, sit to get the best shot.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.