Financial Controller – Surterra – Tampa, FL
Our company is looking for a capable, diligent Financial Controller to manage all aspects of operational accounting in the State of Florida. The position will be based out of our corporate office in Tampa; however, some travel may be necessary. The Financial Controller must deliver complete, timely and accurate information under strict deadlines. The candidate will work closely with the Group Controller on the continued development of an organizational structure within the State of Florida. One that facilitates the achievement of the department’s short-term goals and long-term objectives. The candidate will also work closely with the Group Controller on the continued development/refinement of various accounting policies and procedures.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all aspects of operational accounting with the State of Florida.
- Work closely with Group Controller on development of benchmarks for the measurement of company financial performance goals.
- Work closely with Group Controller on creating an organizational structure within the State of Florida to facilitate the achievement of the department’s short-term goals and long-term objectives.
- Manage and mentor junior personnel in the accounting department.
- Supervise transaction-processing operations.
- Oversee any outsourced accounting functions.
- Maintain an organized and orderly filing system of all accounting documents.
- Collaborate with external auditors as needed.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of internal control framework.
- Oversee preparation of variance analysis.
- Ensure the accuracy of the organization’s financial results and reports.
- Ensure that financial reports comply with current accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
- Publish complete, accurate and timely financial statements to company executives, shareholders, and the board.
- Account for any budget variances and report significant discrepancies to management.
- Analyze capital investments, contract negotiations, and pricing decisions.
- Oversee compliance with all local, state, and federal tax filings and reporting requirements.
- Interface as needed with shared service A/P and payroll functions.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- At least 5-10 years of hands-on operational accounting experience. Controller or equivalent experience highly desirable
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Experienced in a dynamic role with a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Analytically and communicatively intelligent.
- Focuses simultaneously on short- and long-term goals and ability to identify problems quickly.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- Surterra provides health care benefits to its employees.
- Surterra provides Company Holidays; typically, 10 to 12 days a year as well as vacation time.
- Surterra prefers its employees to stay home when sick; therefore, the Company offers sick paid days each year that may accumulate over time.
- Surterra offers a great place to work that puts employees and its patients first. The work environment is geared to focus on the employees and their comfort, productivity, and enjoyment while they are at work.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.