Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst – Surterra – Tampa, FL
Act as a business partner to other departments in the organization by providing financial/operational analysis and business support. Individual is expected to provide analysis that will assist in understanding, explaining and developing key performance drivers. Provides timely, accurate and relevant analysis regarding business performance across all functional areas of the business. Individual is expected to work closely with internal customers to understand their needs and provide relevant support.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide timely, relevant and actionable financial results and metrics along with commentary to business partner within Surterra.
- Develop accurate forecasts based on current plans, including potential risks and opportunities, along with input on risks, exploiting the opportunities, and otherwise optimizing results.
- Support the company-wide budgeting and planning process.
- Deliver thoughtful, intelligent analysis and related financial considerations to potential business decisions.
- Develop and implement new and improved FP&A processes aimed at increasing financial transparency to the organization.
- Provide ad hoc reporting to business leaders.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 1-3 years actual or related experience.
- Advanced Excel skills with experience analyzing large data sets in Excel.
- Strong PowerPoint skills with demonstrated experience crafting presentations and communicating messages effectively with charts and graphs to represent analytical results.
- Experience with financial planning software, e.g. Hyperion, TM1, etc is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record with challenging coursework from four-year college or university in Business is preferred.
6 Core Values of a Surterra Employee
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.