Cansortium Inc is a vertically integrated cultivator, processor, formulator, and retailer of Premium Cannabis Products currently operating in Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas as Fluent Cannabis, as well as in Michigan through its in-market partner. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions towards our goals as a leader in the medical cannabis industry.
Find out more at www.getfluent.com. Follow us on LinkedIn.
The Reporting Manager will be responsible for preparation and distribution of various internal financial statements to management, maintenance of the organization’s general ledger, and ensuring that all transactions and documentation complies with US GAAP and IAS.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy.
- Lead, manage, and prepare all CSE reporting function, including annual and interim reports, earnings release, etc.
- Lead, manage, and prepare reports for internal distribution, including Board of Directors reports.
- Track KPI’s related to the business.
- Responsible for the compilation of financial statements, footnotes, management’s discussion and analysis and all other components of the filings.
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of filing of all internal and external financial reporting, compliance with government and other regulators.
- Assist with the annual proxy preparation process and shareholders’ reports.
- Assist in providing technical expertise and leadership to the finance organization on the treatment of accounting issues, implementation of new accounting standards and compliance with IFRS.
- Monitoring and research of new IFRS pronouncements; evaluation of impact to the company; assisting in the implementation of new business, accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Work with external auditors on requests for assistance.
- Prepare audit schedules and interface with external auditors as necessary.
- Manage financial reporting tools to prepare and coordinate regular monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Perform variance analysis of financial data and compile summary narratives.
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP and IAS compliance.
- Strong technical U.S. GAAP accounting knowledge
- Experience with SOX 404 compliance
- Knowledge of best practices in internal controls
- SAP knowledge
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues.
- International accounting and issue recognition experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
CPA Required and Big 4 Accounting or similar experience
At least 3 years of experience with SEC disclosure and reporting requirements.
Per state law, must be at least 21 years of age.
Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check.
Must pass a drug screening.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be able to speak and hear. Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms and ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is not usual, but some local travel may be required and some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision and supplemental insurance, paid time-off program and non-matching 401k plan.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.