The Food Production Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the edibles operational policies, objective, and initiatives in their assigned facility.
· Oversee the operational management and business activities of the edibles department in their assigned facility.
· Responsible for driving the edibles department to achieve and surpass goals and objectives, that will maximize output and minimize cost resulting in higher profitability.
· Direct and implement SOPs, methods, policies, objectives to advance their department, and ensure continuing operations to increase productivity and guarantee regulatory compliance.
· Develop and execute the edibles production schedule.
· Assist facility leadership in the development and execution of the facility production schedule.
· Ensure edibles production schedules are met within deadlines.
· Maintain edibles inventory levels based on sales forecast and production schedules.
· Ensure quality, safety, GMPs and ISO standards are followed.
· Monitor performance of equipment and machinery in collaboration with the maintenance team.
· Develop and maintain performance standards for all aspects of edible production.
· Utilize Lean Manufacturing tactics including Six Sigma to identify, scope and implement processes, technologies, and systems to continuously improve product quality as well as operational effectiveness and efficiency.
· Manage department budgets and prepares financial analysis reports for Sr. Operations Manager.
· Develop and implement strategies to reduce costs including but not limited to direct and indirect labor, product materials and capital investments by improving workflow, achievement of internal project dates and improving efficiency and effectiveness of the costs of production in facilities, engineering, equipment, operations, inventory levels and holding costs.
· Utilize KPIs to monitor, adjust, reward, and optimize company operations performance.
· Partner with Compliance to meet regulatory standards for their department including document records, inventory counts, etc.
· Lead the training and development of edibles staff in accordance with company policies to motivate and drive the achievement of business objectives and to build, uphold, and support the values of the Company.
· Ensure the edibles production capabilities increase to enable growth in production possibilities and opportunities and to develop solutions to address capability needs.
· Partner with Human Resources to effectively manage the department workforce.
· Review and maintain timecard records.
· Utilize all internal tracking systems, ERP and QMS to ensure consistent products and high-quality control.
· Creates an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the company’s mission, vision, and values.
· Operate as an inclusive leader; engage all associates in a manner that supports company strategy and retention.
· Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective collaborative developer of solutions to business challenges.
· Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
· Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
· High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
· Minimum three (3) years’ experience in consumables production.
· Two (2) years’ experience in management/leadership roles.
· Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, initiative, attention to detail, drive for change, getting organizational support, building ownership and commitment, making though decisions and developing others.
· Ability to deliver results timely and in a pressure filled environment.
· Must be able to stand for at least 6 hours per day and lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must be authorized to work in the United States.
· Must be 21 years of age or older.
· Must be able to successfully register with the state’s cannabis commission as an agent.
· Must be able to comply with all laws, regulations, and policies associated with the industry.
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 25 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- At least 21 years old
- Level II background check.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- production: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location