Formulation Chemist – AgHires – Midway, FL
Trulieve is the first and leading medical cannabis company in the state of Florida. They are a “Seed to Sale” operation with 1500 employees and growing. If you have a desire to help others in need through your efforts, this may be the role for you!
Trulieve products are hand-grown and specially cultivated in a state-approved, climate-controlled environment to ensure purity and safety. We leave nothing to chance, while letting nature do her work.
At Trulieve, we strive to bring our patients the relief they need in a product they can trust. Our plants are hand-grown in an environment specially designed to reduce unwanted chemicals and pests, keeping the process as natural as possible at every turn.
The Formulation Chemist will formulate and facilitate the development of innovative products, line extensions, and other product improvements. The Formulation Chemist must command a strong understanding of GMP (Good Manufacturing Procedures), GLP (Good Laboratory Procedures), and experienced with developing SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for the Medical Cannabis Lab. In addition, the Formulation Chemist will actively participate in the training and mentoring of junior chemists, technicians, and support staff to ensure compliance with proper procedures and protocols.
- Create new prototype formulations to meet the needs of the market and conduct all required stability and performance testing of new products.
- Create innovative formulations that meet company guidelines for cost and stability
- Prepare submission bench batches for preliminary approvals based on prescribed formulations and product specifications.
- Compile and analyze test information to make improvements as needed to reach desired results.
- Ensure stability, and efficacy according to project requirements. Issue product specifications as required and maintain relevant data throughout each product’s development.
- Proactively scan and research new concepts, materials, technical opportunities and partnerships.
- Identify new/improved formulation technologies and implement them to meet project needs.
- Maintain technical knowledge through self-assigned research utilizing industry publications, establishing personal networks and researching state-of-the-art practices.
- Maintain accurate and organized sample records, written and digital.
- Work closely with the Research and Development team in setting product direction, establishing priorities, and recommending new development ideas.
- Work with Research and Development team to meet quality and cost targets. Assist with scale-ups and trouble-shooting.
- Confer with inter-departmental colleagues and provide recommendations to improve or customize formulas, processes or analytical methods.
- Assist in creating SOPs for scale up of new formulations
- Participate in the training and mentoring of junior chemists and technicians to ensure compliance with proper laboratory procedures, lab notebook entries and equipment use.
- Follow strict confidentiality guidelines including but not limited to, sensitive company, client, formulation, methodology and supplier information.
- Manage relationships with contractors and vendors
- Following company policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Must be able to prioritize and organize
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related life sciences
- 3 years of experience working in a medical, cosmetic or food laboratory
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and laboratory program management tools
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to foster teamwork
- Logical Thinker: Takes a step-by-step approach to analyze information and solve problems
- Detail Oriented: Pays close attention to all the little details
- Trustworthy: Known for personal integrity and honesty
- Experience with cannabis is a plus