Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness
and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of
view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants
are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to
what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Lead Guide takes pride in ownership of operational task while influencing others. They are the product and
industry experts in our Retail locations who provide knowledge, exceptional service, and ensure our stores are places
where everyone feels like they belong.
This role is with (Brand), one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the
largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra
Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas
(Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging
themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate
about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people,
everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Act as the training ambassador and assist with new employee orientation, new product launch education
and skill development of the team.
- Assume the role of Manager on Duty as needed responsible for operational tasks for opening, closing,
banking and security of the store.
- Model best-in-class service that consistently exceeds our customers’ expectations and builds a long-term
rapport in alignment using established customer service model.
- Provide customers and caregivers with expert cannabis recommendations, discuss therapy goals, product
effects, potency, dosing, methods of consumption, and administration.
- Participate in the patient intake process, entering and maintaining appropriate paperwork and patient
records while maintaining privacy and confidentiality of sensitive patient information.
- Accurately receive, prepare, and complete patient orders and sales utilizing point-of-sale (POS).
- Appropriately resolves customer conflict or complaint, inspiring long-term patient relationships and
loyalty to our brands.
- Maintain accurate records of all activities including customer records for all activities in accordance with
the State of Florida Office of Compassionate Use and Florida Statues for a Medical Marijuana Treatment
Center, as well as regulations set forth by local, state, and federal agencies.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- 2 years’ experience in Retail or similar industry where customer service is critical
- Proven track record of leadership capabilities
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask, plan, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and resolve in a timely and professional manner
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient level
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods during the shift
- Ability to assist with lifting stock and materials
- Occasionally positions self to retrieve product or material in the store throughout the duration of the shift
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access
to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Personal growth; industry-leading leadership and professional development offerings
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Belonging and voice; employee resource groups, product advisory councils, monthly opportunities to
share feedback and discuss your employee experience
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares
- Equity opportunity; ability to share in both the short-term and the long-term financial success of Parallel
- Employee discount
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the
benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our
values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on
execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color,
disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political
affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that
make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel
is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or
without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate
or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.