Parallel is one of the largest privately held, vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis companies in the world with a mission to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life through cannabinoids. Parallel owns and operates retail dispensaries in four medical and adult-use markets: Surterra Wellness in Florida and Texas; New England Treatment Access (NETA) in Massachusetts, and The Apothecary Shoppe in Nevada. The Company has a diverse portfolio of high quality, proprietary and licensed consumer brands and products including Surterra Wellness, Coral Reefer, and Float. Parallel operates approximately 50 retail stores nationwide, with a series of cultivation and manufacturing sites across the four states. The Company conducts advanced cannabis science through Molecular Infusions (Mi), a cannabis-based biopharmaceutical company, and conducts R&D for new product development in its facilities in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, and Budapest, Hungary. Parallel follows rigorous operations and business practices to ensure the quality, safety, consistency, and efficacy of its products and is building its business by following strong values and putting the well-being of its customers and employees first. For more information: www.liveParallel.com.
The Greenhouse Scout, Cultivation will work hands on monitoring the crops, ensure accurate reports of the crops health and wellness are relayed to management, and implement IPM strategies designated by the grow team.
- Monitoring and scouting of pests, diseases, and beneficial insects.
- Reporting pest populations, irrigation irregularities, and mechanical issues seen while scouting.
- Monitor efficiency of products used for control measures.
- Maintain and monitor traps to provide feedback on pest counts to the growers.
- Verification of pest and disease infestation trends.
- Coordinating with management on all biological programs and implementation.
- Verifying / validating of scouting reports to confirm accuracy and reliability.
- Maintaining up to date records and reports.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Related work experience.
- Good communicator verbal / written.
- Well organized and a self-starter.
- Must be self-motivated, honest, trustworthy, and always act in a mature and professional manner.
- Strong interest in agriculture and willing to work in adverse conditions.
- Knowledge of horticultural pests and diseases is a plus, on the job training will be provided.
- Greenhouse environment, where the temperature will regularly exceed 85°F.
- Position requires standing and walking on a regular basis.
- Collaboration with cultivation management reporting pest populations and releasing beneficial insects.
- Ability to make changes as needed without advance notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, Mission, & Values
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
6 CORE VALUES OF A PARALLEL ASSOCIATE
Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible, and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionality.
Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus, we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.